I think my flying is done

murankar

Staff member
Today I tore down the protos to replace the main shaft, It was bent. So I go out and do some hovering to check out the vibrations. First hover had tail wag so I went into the zyx and adjusted the gains a bit and tested. I get it in to a hover and check the tail by doing quick left and right inputs to see if it holds and it did.

So I decide to push a bit while in IU2. Did some pitch pumps. This thing was climbing hard and came back down just as hard. Got back to a hover and repeated it but this time something happened not sure what but it flies off and dirt darted hard, really hard.

This crash may have me down for a real long time. I may not have going by the fun fly. Anyhow it is what it is and I will have to find something someplace this kit with for now.

The repair list so far looks like a re-kit. The skids and tail blades are fine. Canopy is fine, I had it off.
ForumRunner_20131231_165247.jpg

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

ForumRunner_20131231_165247.jpg

EyeStation

Ouch! When is the fun fly? Just wondering how long you got to get something in the air.
Tough luck bro. Hope things go skyward soon.

heli-maniac

Ouch Bro That really sucks
Maybe you should look into buying a Warp 360 Bare Bone and put all your elct. in it

Guess well Have to start a URI fund

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I have every thing but 6s batteries and esc for 6S. I am dieing inside but I will get over it in time. All I want to do is fly so now its just been put on hold. The funfly is in may.

heli-maniac

6S batteries are not much the ones I use are only 40.00
How much would a re kit be for that thing
I know the Gaui X3 is only 210.00

murankar

Staff member
I have been chatting with gaba on this. Without hooking a battery to the esc he seems to think I may have had a bec failure. I need to check the esc just to make sure it is not the cause of the crash.

As for a rekit cost, 224 without mains ans electrics for another protos. I have to look at the Gaui just to see what the kit options are. I just love the protos it just looks and flies great.

murankar

Staff member
I'm not opposed to getting Gaui in fact I have been looking at the X4 and even glanced at the X3 prior to this. I want to look at something bit cheaper on the repair bill. If I get real desperate I might even look at a 450gt or maybe even the T-rex 250. I just want something I can bang around along with still getting the Protos back up in the air.

I just checked the the ESC and it seems to be working but something in the back of my head wants to say it was an ESC failure/brown out. Why do I say this well, I was making some adjustments in the ESC so that my spool up did not take so long to hit full speed based on stick location and I was getting some really erratic spool ups. I am talking with the slightest bit of stick movement the head would go full torque and cause the tail to whip around. Once I went back to my slowest spool up it was fine. For those who dont know with the Scorpion Commander 40 amp ESC you hav an IR module plugged into the system and only works if the switch is in program mode, other wise its pass through and works normally.

Happy New year to me. I have feared this kind of crash ever since I started with the 450 class. It could be worse like a Gobby 500 crash. If your not crashing your not trying.

FOr real Happy new year All. I hope you all have a great year, I'll try to.

heli-maniac

Well Keep your chin up thats just part of flying . Look at me i have crashed my 550 3 times now and the first Warp 2 times I crash the crap out of my 130x all the time HEHE but thats part of the learning curve
The Warp is a Sweet Heli and repair parts are cheap And it can be run on 3s or 6s .
And as you have herd before the bigger helis are more stable My 550 is the easiest Bird I have to fly NOW that im not afraid to crash it
But i know money is the Demon behind not getting to fix or build something new

murankar

Staff member
The money is the biggest fear. Thats what keeps me from really progressing because in order to progress you need to crash. I guess I need to find a cheaper kit to build. I really dont want to lose the protos though.

Tony

Staff member
Keep the protos and build the dominator. It's a little cheaper and it's the same size as the warp 360. However, I would NOT run the 3GX on it. Ikon or 7200BX only IMO. Adn I know about the money thing. That is what is keeping me from flying as well. No cash to crash.

murankar

Staff member
Never thought about the dominator. One thing about it is that it's a 6s setup. I would have to get a few 6s packs and then my charger would take forever to charge them.

I would like to find a bare bones 450 pro dfc.

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure you can replace the 1700kv motor (I think) with a 3500 and run 3s. Just won't have the punch.

murankar

Staff member
Depends on the main gear tooth count. My protos is a 121 count. I do have a scorpion 3590 kv motor but it is only a 3s motor.

Tony

Staff member
Nah, tooth count doesn't matter. I was running a 121 main gear helical on my 450, adn I could have easily went to a 6s. The punch comment was coming from half the voltage. Either way, it will work.

murankar

Staff member
Whats sad about the 3GX is that I thing the zyx-s is a better gyro. I did not have any of the tenancies of the 3GX with this unit. I think my ZYX-s would be better for this set up on the Dominator,

Top Bottom