I finally ordered my ARF

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, it's go the power. And it went into the air, but not without a mishap that required an emergency landing. More to come in the video.

Tony

Staff member
What part, the hitting the fence (that is now repaired), or the emergency landing?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Man that's too bad. You ought to know better than try to fly a big plane in you back yard though. Lol. In hope it's only miner damage.

Tony

Staff member
I didn't try to fly it. I was doing camera testing trying to see if there were any vibrations out of the prop cause I'm thinking about mounting the camera in the canopy looking out. Well, I didn't notice any vibrations, but I found out the 13x8 prop has a crapton of thrust lol. Lifted the plane up and surprised me. By the time the tail wheel got back to the ground, it was just too late.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Lol oh well! I watched the video. You knew it had tons of power. What's this about the field and emergency landings?

Tony

Staff member
You will see in the maiden video. I'm editing it now. And yes, I knew it had power, but I didn't think it would take off the ground that fast. Now I know lol. Don't go full throttle unless you plan on taking off lmao.

Top Bottom