I finally ordered my ARF

Tony

Staff member
Got the plane today. If you want to know the rest of the story, check out my latest blog entry.

Tony

Staff member
15 minute epoxy on the horz stab now. When it dries, I will be installing the elevators.

Tony

Staff member
It will now cause it won't be flying... It said micro servos, so I ordered micro servos. Well, micro servos don't fit, they are too small. I guess I'm going to be ordering $80 worth of servos to put on this plane just to get it in the air. Needless to say, the chances of this getting into the air are very slim until about next year. Oh well, it looks good.

Tony

Staff member
Well, if I can sell the MG90S servos that I have for sale in the for sale section, I will get these now. But, I have to sell the ones that I have first. Help me out here guys. I know someone in here needs a good set of metal gear servos. The sad thing is, the MG90S servos are faster than the $20 servos that I have to order for this plane. It's just that the 3115 servos that I'm putting in the plane are a LOT stronger lol.

Help me out here guys.

Tony

Staff member
New article is posted on what I have done so far on this great little plane. I will have to say, I was worried about putting it all together, but I was worried for nothing. This is a great kit, and very easy to put together. The hardest part of the whole build was putting the elevator into the fuse and getting it right where it needed to go. The covering was almost perfect, and all of the joints are glued, or epoxied if need be. The people over at Great Planes did a great job on this plane. Be sure to visit the article section for more info, and a LOT more pictures.

Tony

Staff member
Well crap, now I have another delima. I was thinking about getting the Futaba S3115 servo. Problem is, it's a plastic gear servo with 37oz/in of torque. But, I found a set of hitech servos that are faster, run on 6v, and provide 47oz/in of torque. Problem is, I can't seem to find servo arms long enough for them, and hardly any reviews to say how the centering is. UGH, I hate this...

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, but do I get the one that can handle higher voltage and is faster and stronger, or do I go with the one that has been used in every single review that I have read? That is my issue. They are the same price, sorta...

Tony

Staff member
Keep your fingers crossed. I ordered the HiTec servos. They are faster, more powerful, and can work with more voltage. Let's just hope the horns fit...

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Tony, that plane is purdy!!! Dang I didn't know it was that big.. That sucka huge.. Looks like a Tacon motor you got too.. :thumbs:

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's a Tacon motor. I have the full write up in the article section with pics of the motor and ESC. And, it's actually not that big. It's only a 50" wing span, 49.5" actually lol.

Top Bottom