600 HK 550 GT

trainrider06

Right news from the work shop,,,,,, she's ready I cannot adjust this anymore. Blade 1 0.01 Blade 2 0.00 @zero pitch, I have 10 + and 9.7 - pitch aileron 6.3 L 6.5 R.
Is there a way to measure pitch on the tail? and if so how do I do that and what would be the best to start with?

Sounds like you got it as close as it'll get.
Myself I have always just folded the tail blades, evened em up and called it good. If you want a slight pitch in blades then just have em a hair offset, not sure which way you'd need to go, probably if you wanted a bit of pre pitch in blades you'd have to do an adjustment then unfold blades, and see if the leading edge of the blades were pitched out, or in, not sure which way you'd want. You'd know on spool up though....:wink:

Topgun73

Yeah I realised that after I put that it's OK swash or epa not touched just mechanical adjustments made and now happy.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah I realised that after I put that it's OK swash or epa not touched just mechanical adjustments made and now happy.

As long as your happy, that's all it counts :coffee:. Like Rodney mention, FLY my son FLY :boldblue:, be free, enjoy the rush while having fun:drool:. Good luck.

Topgun73

Hi guys still haven't flown the 550 still sat on the shelf waiting for me to grow a pair and take it out for Maiden. I have since bout a new gyro a Spartan Quark and that seems to operate the tail nice. I've re programmed the YEP120amp esc but need some guidance as there are no specs out there for it like what HTZ to run it on etc, Any help would be greatful.

Tony

Staff member
Check out the video below. It's one that I made on the YEP 45a ESC that I put into a clone build on the How To Properly Build A Clone Helicopter build. Hoping this will help answer some questions you have on the YEP ESC.

Topgun73

Right guys n girls, I have maidened the 550gt. Have a problem though!!!!!! The tail is stable with the spartan quark however she nods her head up and down in flight. I reduced the swash AFR pitch settings in the radio to allow for ONLY 6-8 degrees of +/- pitch but think I did that bit wrong as I'm pretty sure the AFR is the mixing side and this will affect both pitch and throttle. So if I increase the pitch AFR up again and then go to my pitch curve and adjust that , will that be the answer. Hope that makes sense,

Topgun73

Right guys n girls, I have maidened the 550gt. Have a problem though!!!!!! The tail is stable with the spartan quark however she nods her head up and down in flight. I reduced the swash AFR pitch settings in the radio to allow for ONLY 6-8 degrees of +/- pitch but think I did that bit wrong as I'm pretty sure the AFR is the mixing side and this will affect both pitch and throttle. So if I increase the pitch AFR up again and then go to my pitch curve and adjust that , will that be the answer. Hope that makes sense,

I think thr nodding is because head speed is too low

Tony

Staff member
You are absolutely correct, on a flybar head, if you have nodding then the head speed is probably too low. Glad you got it figured out.

Topgun73

The thing being Tony I'm not 100% sure why head speed is low? Do you think it's because programming in radio wrong. ?

Tony

Staff member
Can you give us some specs? Motor KV, battery, motor pinion, main gear tooth count and throttle curve?

Topgun73

Can you give us some specs? Motor KV, battery, motor pinion, main gear tooth count and throttle curve?
Motor is Turnigy 600 11KV with 16 tooth pinion, Main gear is 170 tooth. I can let you know later what current Throttle curve is as now at work until 17:00GMT

Tony

Staff member
I don't have any experience with that Tx, and I have no idea what down rate is. But for now, the pitch and throttle, although not ideal, will work. But I would try to put a linear pitch curve on it, if you only fly in Normal mode, then set it to 46 48 50 75 100. On your throttle curve, set the Normal mode to 0 75 75 75 75 so that the torque of the motor is not affecting the tail. If 75 is too low, then raise it to 85.

Topgun73

I don't have any experience with that Tx, and I have no idea what down rate is. But for now, the pitch and throttle, although not ideal, will work. But I would try to put a linear pitch curve on it, if you only fly in Normal mode, then set it to 46 48 50 75 100. On your throttle curve, set the Normal mode to 0 75 75 75 75 so that the torque of the motor is not affecting the tail. If 75 is too low, then raise it to 85.

Cheers Tony, many thanks I'll give that a go.

Tony

Staff member
If your ESC doesn't have a very soft start, it is going to want to power up very fast. Make sure to raise the throttle very slowly if it doesn't have the soft start. If it does, then you should be able to just raise the throttle up to about 1/3 the way and let it spool up.

Topgun73

If your ESC doesn't have a very soft start, it is going to want to power up very fast. Make sure to raise the throttle very slowly if it doesn't have the soft start. If it does, then you should be able to just raise the throttle up to about 1/3 the way and let it spool up.
Using YEP 120 amp and soft start is programmed.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I actually think those are "TOO" soft lol. But, it is just what you need for that throttle curve. Just be sure to set your pitch curve to linear so that it has a smooth travel. You should lift off at about 60-65% stick.

Topgun73

Yea, I actually think those are "TOO" soft lol. But, it is just what you need for that throttle curve. Just be sure to set your pitch curve to linear so that it has a smooth travel. You should lift off at about 60-65% stick.
Cheers I'll get that programmed and try again. Just waiting on some HD spy glasses so I'll be able to get a video.

Top Bottom