General help with my DX6i and blade 450 3d

RMB677

You mention that the servo buzzes, that could mean that its reaching its limit in the one direction. If the gyro has a travel/throw adjustment it may need adjusting. Or it could just be a bad servo.

concept30

i just bought the replacement blade 450 3d tail servo 4 days ago, couldn't be bad unless my luck really sucks. I tried adjusting the travel on the gyro itself the buzzing stop but started again. im just getting a little tail movement when i give it a left stick movement, and alot when given a right stick movement

Tony

Staff member
So it's only in HH mode that it's not moving left (slider right). Your settings look fine to me. One thing you can check is go into your travel menu and check the rudder settings. You will need to actually move the stick to see the directions change. remember this is also true for all other controls on the Tx in that menu. I'm going to watch it again and see if I notice anything the second time. But it looks like there is something binding on teh tail. When you go stick left, slider right, I notice the slider that is on teh ball was going up, like it was binding. Can you confirm there is no binding anywhere in the tail?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, as I expected. On the travel menu, it's showing right stick settings. If you move the stick to the left, do you see a reduction in the RUDD settings?

Tony

Staff member
Okay cool. That is one thing that is easily over looked. What about the binding in the tail? Have you taken your linkage off the servo and moved it by hand? Will the slider to from one side all the way to the other without friction?

Lee

When assembling the tail, i check every piece as i put it on for smoothness. Starting from the tail hub and blade grips, tht they turn freely with no bearing grinding or lateral play. The working from there, the pitch arm, pitch slider, control arm. Then check the pitch slider moves freely on the tail shaft. The control rod and finally the links move freely on the balls. Once you now these are all individually working smoothly, connect up the whole system and move by hand as Tony said. If its all running well, then any binding has to be in the set up either manually in the control rod length or servo arm/ball link. Or in the TX menu travel adjustment.
Good luck

RMB677

WD40 is not a lubricant, it is meant to be a "water dispersent". It will remove any oils or grease. Use a light oil.

concept30

i found out what it was for starters I had to adjust the linkage, it fix the slider so it will go full swing both ways, when i went out to fly it, it still did the same thing, having more tail movement giving right, but no left tail movement, so this is what was wrong, the tail belt was loose so I tighten it and that fixed my problem.

RMB677

On the Blade 450 it doesn't take much of a tail hit to loosen the belt. The means of securing the tail boom doesn't tightly clamp down on it. I've removed the machine screws that tighten the boom, they're threaded into plastic and strip out when trying to tighten them. I drilled the holes staight through and use threaded rod with lock nuts now. Still not 100% but much better. Next step will be putting something, i.e. tape, thin rubber, etc., on the boom end when I have a need to pull the boom. I generally test the belt tightness before flying.

Tony

Staff member
If you wrap some scotch tape (the dull looking stuff, not teh shiny stuff) a few times around the boom where it goes back into the boom mount, it will stop it from moving. Rubber most times is too thick and the tape can be removed.

Tony

Staff member
Hot glue can work but even though hard to fathom, the scotch tape will hold stronger and is much easier to clean off.

concept30

one of my servos went out again, first time it was the tail servo now its the cyclic servos went out on me last night, whats wrong with E-flight

Top Bottom