General help with my DX6i and blade 450 3d

concept30

Hey i need help with my blade 450 fixing the pitch of the blades, and yes i do have a pitch guage, when I give it posi throttle it gives nev pitch, when i give it mid stick it gives posi pitch and when I give it posi throttle it give me nev pitch, so what do i do? but first let me tell you what i did and tell me if i did it right, on my DX6i tx I went to the rev menu on setup, and it had elev and pitch reversed, so i changed the elev and kept the pitch reversed, and play around with the rods til i got everything adjusted right. Thanks for any kind of help!

RMB677

Looking at my Blade 450 DX6i Set Up List the Reverse settings are: Thro - N; Aile - R; Elve - N; Rud - R; Gyro - N; Pitch - N Swash mix is: Aile -100%; Elev -95%; Pitch +85% Hope these help a bit. The full manual is availabe on the Horizonhobby.com web site under Blade 450 3D.

Lee

I didn't quite understand what you said. Tell me again. From Low stick to mid what happens? The Mid stick to High what happens. The best and fastest way to get it solved, is to do us a quick little video showing the problem.
Cheers Lee

concept30

ok i think i fixed it, what i did was went into my Swash Mix and turn Elev into - 60% and Pitch into - 60%.

concept30

hey murankar, now that i have the swash mix on -60 % on the ELEV and PITCH, when I give forward stick the swash disc goes backwards and when i give backwards stick movements the swash plate goes forward, but if i change it back to +60% i be back where i started with -10% pitch on the blades when i give the tx posi throttle (left stick)

murankar

Staff member
During the set-up phase you should get the swash to move correctly with cyclic stick input. Once you get the swash to move correctly then you check collective movement. If the collective is not moving correctly then you need to use swash mixing to get the movement correct.

After everything is moving right then you need to set the pitch of the blades, this is done in Idle Up / Stunt mode. Switch on Throttle Hold {or unplug 2 wires from the motor} and then move the left stick to the center point. If you have all the mechanical stuff on the main shaft level the linkages set to factory spec you should be at 0 degrees pitch. If not then make the necessary adjustments to make everything level and to get 0 degrees pitch.

As far as the +-10 degrees at full positive and negative stick; First find out where your at on both +- sides. If you are not at 10 degrees when at full positive stick go into your swash mix or Swash afr and adjust the pitch until you are at 10 degrees. Move the stick to the negative and get a reading. If it is not the same then you will need to adjust the height of the swash plate by lengthening or shortening the swash links. I believe that if you raise the swash you get less negative pitch {lengthen push rods} and if you lower it you get more negative pitch {shorten push rods}, I have a hard time remembering this and if Tony or any of the other more skilled guys reads this they will correct me.

- - - Updated - - -

Lee beat me to it with a more direct answer. :waa: :lol:

john2012

Banned
hello can anyone tell me what the difference is between the spektrium dx6i and the align t6 transmitters this will tell me what heli im going to buy

Lee

I dont know much about the T6 apart from it being a rebranded Futaba. What i can say about the DX6I is how user friendly it is, and the fact you can take advantage of all those Plug and fly micro models from Horizon Hobby, planes and helicopters.

john2012

Banned
don't know what to tell you on that. but i have a heli from banana hobby and it is in pieces in the box now and it never lifted of the ground and not going to i have also burned two motors up the on that came with my alpha 400 from blitzrcworks and i burned up my new motor which was a detrum combo set motor esc gyro and servos and also i now have junk but two good batteries both new and 11.1 mah

stokke

I've tested the T6 and wouldn't recommend it. The DX6i is a far better radio.
The T6 will do the job though if you don't have the cash for a Spektrum.

concept30

my tail of my blade 450 3d just likes to pull to the right and i cant get it to go left, i might do a video of my DX6i settings

stokke

my tail of my blade 450 3d just likes to pull to the right and i cant get it to go left, i might do a video of my DX6i settings

Am I to understand that your GYRO will not correct for left yaw?
Or does the Heli not respond to left rudder input?

Have you checked your mechanical set-up?

RMB677

Is your servo centered or pushrod binding? Coud try adjusting is a bit of compensating tail pitch with pushrod length or servo placement. Mine slowly drifts nose to the left but nothing I can't live with.

concept30

the tail servo is buzzing sometimes it stops, and yes the servo is certered, but what ever I do i can never get left tail movement only alot of right movement, i could live with it but we all know that the tail is the biggest part of the heli, i got to get alot of control over the tail, i never got to fly cause of the tail problem

john2012

Banned
thanks Marius S. i was going to get the trex 450 pro rtf that has the t6 tx,but im going to get the blade 450 rtf thanks man?

Top Bottom