600 Goblin 630 Build

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Just finished repairing the tail locking elements. It was much easier than I thought. The parts came today and I started looking at it to see how to heat it up. I noticed a gap between the plate and the inside of the tail boom and I took a small flat screwdriver and tried to pry the carbon plate up and it lifted right off leaving very little tape residue. So, I replaced both locking elements and put the tail case back on, tightened the belt and cap screws...........not to much, easy does it..............did the replacement without removing the tail boom. The Goblin is back in business!!!

Happy, Happy, Happy!

Last edited:

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Well I thought, I would at least do a test spool up today but I had a honey do list to complete and when I got home it turned a little cold and the winds picked up. I'm not looking for a perfect day by any means but I do want to minimize the variables that could spell disaster.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Yesterday evening I took the Goblin out for a test spool. The first thing I did was a range test, which was fine. Second, I made sure the swash movements matched my stick inputs, which tested perfectly. I they tested the gyro correction, which tested perfectly as well. I then reset my throttle curve to 0-30-30-30-30 so I could manually apply throttle and take the ESC soft start out of the equation and spin it up slow manually. It seemed to spin up well with no weird noises coming from it. I then reset my TC back to 30-30-30-30-30 and tested the soft start in the CC ESC. The soft start worked well on my second spool up. I pushed the tail around a few times and it seemed to react correctly, keep in mind I never left the ground.

Sorry fellas but I don't have a video camera at my disposal. I will certainly have a friend come over and take a video of the maiden flight though!!!

I brought it back to the bench and checked tightness of all the screws and found nothing loose. Everything was tight. The only thing I noticed during the test spool was the end of the tail vibrating??????? When I took it back inside and put it on the bench, I spun the main blades against the motor magnets and the tail would vibrate. This is spinning the main blades counterclockwise. When I spun them clockwise, it ran smoothly. I reset the tail boom and belt and made sure it was installed correctly and there were no twists in the belt. When I spun the main blades counterclockwise against the motor magnets again, the vibration had decreased. I'm planning on another test spool tonight and see if this fixed the tail vibrating. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

murankar

Staff member
The first few spool ups may run rough. You will need to get everything worked in and settled. It could take 2 or 3 flights or it could take 10. My X3 is starting to run smooth and I have 3 or 4 flights on it.

God I need to get out and fly.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I'm glad to hear your X3 is running well!

It made me a litte nervous watching the tip of the tail vibrate!

murankar

Staff member
I would be too. Just continue to work in the gears. If the vibrations don't go away then start looking at the mechanical stuff.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
It seemed pretty stable sitting on the ground :biglaugh: I introduced a small amount of + pitch and cyclic slightly in all directions and it didn't seem to want to tip over. I think I will spool it up a couple more times and then it's lift off baby!!!

I have to wait for a video camera for lift off though!

pvolcko

Your cell phone doesn't have a video camera function? Strap that puppy to your head and get her in the air! :)

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
It's a blackberry and doesn't do well with pics or video.............Plus I would have to do a whole nother build thread on the cell phone head mount apparatus. Then figure out how to start and stop it with an open channel on my TX, seems like a lot of work! LOL! :lmao:Or, I'm jest Scared!!!! Man, that bird is no Nano or 120sr....not even a 450 or 500. That Goblin spooled up and I was mezmorized! It sounded like an Apache was sitting there in front of me......I thought, that thing would kill me if it started coming back at me and that was only at 1900 R's!

Dude's, what a sound those Gobby's make! Videos do not do these things justice!

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Rain, Rain go away, I want to maiden my Goblin today!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I will be getting off work early but the weather will not cooperate!!! :yuck: :whining: :mad1:

Top Bottom