600 Goblin 630 Build

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Well, the package was delayed by the weather and my Gobby is on a FedEx truck….It will arrive Monday. All the parts for the build came Saturday. So here I sit starring at servos and ESCs, and BECs with nothing to put them in…..Good for me I don't have to go into the office and I can greet the FedEx driver and welcome the new bird to the family!:hdbng:

This is my first build and I will have lots of questions and I will very much appreciate your guys help through this project. My plan is to take my time with this build and learn everything I can as I am quite sure this will not be my last build. Pictures and videos to follow.

First thing, while I wait impatiently on my shipment, I was wondering if I could get your take on my setup below….will this work together, any programming problems, etc???

Goblin 630 Kit
Scorpion 4035-560kv Motor
CC Phoenix Edge 120HV
WR Hercules G2 BEC
RJX FS0521 HV Servos (Cyclic and Tail)
iKON FBL w/ 2 DSMX Sats
Scorpion Backup Guard (I'm peranoid)
12S Battery (not sure of brand yet)

Here is the stock picture to start
sg630.JPG

sg630.JPG

murankar

Staff member
that's one heck of a kit For a first build. Those things look fun to build. Good luck and ask away.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
that's one heck of a kit For a first build. Those things look fun to build. Good luck and ask away.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Thanks, Murankar! I wanted a kit that would satisfy my wants :bling: and my present flying style, as well, as a bird that would perform as my 3d skills grow.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Lee....get one!

Which one do you have your eye on?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Lee....get one!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Thanks, Murankar! I wanted a kit that would satisfy my wants :bling: and my present flying style, as well, as a bird that would perform as my 3d skills grow.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Lee....get one!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Lee....get one!

You will love the build and heli. I had the 700 and enjoyed the few months that I had it.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
You will love the build and heli. I had the 700 and enjoyed the few months that I had it.

What happened that you only had it a few months?

- - - Updated - - -

I have all of Westy's build videos in my favorites. I will see if I can contact him....seems like a cool guy!

Westy

LEGEND
What happened that you only had it a few months?

- - - Updated - - -

I have all of Westy's build videos in my favorites. I will see if I can contact him....seems like a cool guy!
GEE THANKS.... ::BLUSH::

am more than happy to help ..... I had my 630 out all weekend .... Loved every Adrenaline pumping minute of it! Bring on the Questions .... more than happy to assist!

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Early to rise this morning and the office is closed today! Today is the day the Goblin arrives.....I hope.....

Waiting on the FedEx guy to bring my Goblin home!!! Wait a minute, I hear a truck coming down the lane............................................It was the neighbor

Waiting.jpg

Waiting.jpg

Slobberdog

I was checking the tracking info every 2 mins to see where mine was last Thursday, lol that feeling that you want it to come and there is nowt else to worry about.

murankar

Staff member
I have been tracking mine since last Thursday also. The wait is killing but it will be here tomorrow evening.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
While waiting I am now researching which batteries to use. I presently have the E-flite batts that came with my current Helis and I found some good reviews on Glacier batts from Buddyrc.com. I have not had a chance to use the Glaciers but have bought several over the winter to give them a shot come spring.

I see that many of the shops that sell Goblins are pushing Pulse batts. Glacier has a 12s pack, which is really 2 6s but they have already packeged them together....that being said, I can tape two batts together.

Two questions:
1. Is the only option taping 2 6s batts together and hook them up in series?
2. What is your experience/opinion on a good, reliable Rx battery (brand)? iKON FBL with 2 DSMX sats
3. What is your experience/opinion on a good, reliable 12s batt setup for the Goblin with a Scorpion 4035-560 and Phoenix Edge 120HV ESC (brand)?

- - - Updated - - -

It's on the truck..........pretty sad at my age huh.......

Goblin Tracking.jpg

Goblin Tracking.jpg

cml001

I think it's the same with all of us.. We are overgrown kids... Freak'n crack heads! As far as batteries go... I've been using pulse and love them... I too have heard good stuff about glaciers... But haven't used them personally... But I will say I like the guys at buddy rc.... Dealt with them on my charger and power supply build... Nice knowledgable guys... But u won't be disappointed w pulse batteries if u go that route.

pvolcko

Glaciers are good bats. I use them and Pulse. Great stuff on both. HEard good on Gens Ace, too. I have a feeling the same factory that produces them produces the Glaciers. Very similar look to the packs, dimensions, etc.

I've tried turnigy too. They aren't bad for basic and sport flying. 3D tends to kick their keister, though. Even the crappy 3D I do. They tend to puff much quicker and are less resilient to an errant overdischarge. Also more sensitive to temperature. If you want to fly in cold, aka <40deg, stick with a quality brand.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I have used only GensAce. I have more cycles on these than I can count. I have not done any hard flights and I charge them at 2c rating. I have over discharged them a few times and left them charged longer than I should. With all that they still fly well but at this point they need replaced due to being just over 2 years old.

I have been looking at Pulse because I hear they are just as good as the gensace and I can order them from helidirect. The prices are about the same between the two brands.

Top Bottom