General Giro help.

treff

Hi, another really dum question I'm afraid. I have watch lots and lots of videos on line and have not seen this. Into what rx ports do you plug the giro. I have the assan 250. I assum one lead goes to the rudder but where does the red lead go? (gain) every video I have seen presumes that everyone knows. In the instructions it says plug into gain port I have plugged it into the gear port on the rx. Do I now have to program the gear port for the giro? I am getting very, very confused.
Thanks for any reply. Again I will say I have watched every video on the net and still can not work it out. I think heli's and me were not meant to come together I'm already dusting off the 35mhz gear and my trusty slope soarers.

stokke

On your receiver you usually will have two ports controlling the rudder:

The RUDDER port, which will control the rudder servo movement.
The AUX/GEAR/GYRO port, which will control the rudder gain.

What channel that is to be used for gain can usually be specified on the Transmitter.

treff

On your receiver you usually will have two ports controlling the rudder:

The RUDDER port, which will control the rudder servo movement.
The AUX/GEAR/GYRO port, which will control the rudder gain.

What channel that is to be used for gain can usually be specified on the Transmitter.

Thanks for that stokke. Maybe its me getting old but not one video I watched or even the instructions mentioned that.
It seems I have a duff giro. It just does not work as stated in the instructions. No flashing lights etc. Thanks again.

stokke

It's hard being a newbie in the RC-heli world, because people often forget to cover the basics when doing tutorials.

If you're having trouble, please post details in this thread.

treff

i know its a dumb question but do you have the plug in the correct way.

Hi Slobberdog thanks for the reply. Yes I think I have tried just about every permutation that there can be. The only thing left is that the giro is faulty. Its an assan 250 programed with flashing lights when the gear switch is pressed a number of times. In this case nothing flashed so I can not enter the mode set up. Watching some of the videos they prosume a lot of knowledge on the viewers part but I suppose that's the learning curve. Only problem is I would sooner be out flying I'm getting to old to spend time in the workshop. Cheers

treff

do you have the instructions, as its seems you have to follow a set patern to get it to work and set up.

here it is if you dont, http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...fboxXJ0pY0UH8c8KrpKwQew&bvm=bv.43828540,d.bGE

try this and see how you get on.

Thanks for that. I have only been sent part of the instructions by the look of things. Unfortunately it does not help. I would have to be Superman to move so fast before the light stops flashing. LOL I think somehow it is stuck in rate mode. Another ebay success I think. Thanks again.

stokke

Rate mode and Heading Hold mode is not set on the gyro itself, this is done on your transmitter.

There are two ranges of gyro gain on the transmitters out there;

0 - 100%

OR

-100% - +100%

To define if you want Rate Mode or Heading Hold mode, you want the gain value to be under or over the 50% of the total:

If 0~100% = Under 50% equals rate mode, over 50% equals HH mode.
If -100~+100% = Under 0% equals rate mode, over 0% equals HH mode.

Lee

I would make sure your gear switch is assigned to the gyro. and set up as Marius says.
Go into your gyro menu and make sure that when you flick the gear switch it changes from one value to the other. If not then the switch isn't assigned correctly.

Lee

I would make sure your gear switch is assigned to the gyro. and set up as Marius says.
Go into your gyro menu and make sure that when you flick the gear switch it changes from one value to the other. If not then the switch isn't assigned correctly.

treff

Rate mode and Heading Hold mode is not set on the gyro itself, this is done on your transmitter.

There are two ranges of gyro gain on the transmitters out there;

0 - 100%

OR

-100% - +100%

To define if you want Rate Mode or Heading Hold mode, you want the gain value to be under or over the 50% of the total:

If 0~100% = Under 50% equals rate mode, over 50% equals HH mode.
If -100~+100% = Under 0% equals rate mode, over 0% equals HH mode.

Thanks very much for that info. No one mentioned things had to be set in the tx. I knew I should have brought that book. What was it.....................Oh yes "An idiots guide.......................
Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all the info. In Gyro menu a little arrow moves to the three postions in turn when I flick the Gyro switch. I have it set to 0) 60% 1) 70% 2) 80%. The problem is I can not move fast enough from pluging in the rx battery to toggling the switch before the blue light goes out. I will enlist the aid of Usain Bolt. Why, why have such a short time delay?

treff

What is it you are trying to achieve?

I am trying to set the giro to a new servo. This is my first build. Set the direction of said servo. Set the gain of said Giro and with the greatest of luck get this bag of nut and bolts to hover in a sublime way. Then my next achievement is to run the mile faster than Mr Bolt ( I don't hold much hope there or on the hover bit) then last but not least I would like a little win on the Lotto.

- - - Updated - - -

I am trying to set the giro to a new servo. This is my first build. Set the direction of said servo. Set the gain of said Giro and with the greatest of luck get this bag of nut and bolts to hover in a sublime way. Then my next achievement is to run the mile faster than Mr Bolt ( I don't hold much hope there or on the hover bit) then last but not least I would like a little win on the Lotto.

LOL with knobs on

stokke

Plug it in. Set your gyro gain to 70% (if the range is 0-100). If servo is moving in the opposite direction of what you want, reverse it in your transmitters servo reversing menu. I'm no much help on the Lotto winnings, sorry :D

treff

Gentlemen thanks for all your help but this giro does not work or I'm missing something in the tx. Thanks again.

treff

Back for one last try on this Assan GA250 Gyro. Could anyone help? Does the gyro plug into the rx gear channel and the gyro gain port plug into the rudder channel. A last try before it hits the bin. Thanks in advance.

stokke

There should be three leads coming out of the Gyro unit.

One connects to the servo.
The gain lead plugs into the Rx GEAR or AUX port.
The last lead plugs into the Rx RUDDER port.

What transmitter are you using?

Slobberdog

Black plug to the rudder channel.

Red plug to the gear channel.

Set tx gyro pos 0 to 68% and pos 1 to 35%

Make sure your sub trims and trims are zero

Power on the gyro/heli,

What lights do you see

- - - Updated - - -

Marius Trev has the dx8

treff

Black plug to the rudder channel.

Red plug to the gear channel.

Set tx gyro pos 0 to 68% and pos 1 to 35%

Make sure your sub trims and trims are zero

Power on the gyro/heli,

What lights do you see

- - - Updated - - -

Marius Trev has the dx8

Thanks for coming back Slobberdog. I have set everything up has you suggest. Power on the gyro flashes a rapid blue light for about 2 seconds then goes solid blue. Hope thats enough info. You should be able to flick the gyro switch back and forth three or more time to get into the set up mode of the gyro but that does not work.

Top Bottom