Get Val On The Getner

RandyDSok

Tony... you have email...

Sent you some info for some placefiles that you can add to GrLevel3 to extend it's usefulness beyond just radar. As always, if you have questions just call me ( or google it... LMAO ).

RandyDSok

Ok... some basic info on how the color tables are formated.... Color Table Specification

BTW and FWIW ... I'm sort of liking the little tweak I mentioned to you on the live stream last night. I may work with it more when I'm not as tire from driving all day to the various cemeteries putting out flowers ...

Last edited:

RandyDSok

Storms are in western Okla now... the cells are moving NE and the line of storms is going eastward. The current tornado warnings show those cells will likely pass to the north of OKC if they don't turn. These are again dropping a lot of rain, so more flooding is certain.

RandyDSok

SW Oklahoma in places, on radar estimated storm total so far today... almost 5" so far and still raining...

Here is the 10 day totals so far ( doesn't include tonights yet )....

rainrfc.240hr.png

RandyDSok

I'll also add that I've been across 2 of our bigger rivers in our area, the North Canadian and Canadian... as well as the lake to the east of Norman, Lake Thunderbird... All were full in their banks already and in a few areas the water was encroaching on the grassy areas.

RandyDSok

Tony,

FYI... if you want to see the hail core's better... on the BR menu, select either Composite Reflective so all tilts are shown. I prefer the basic one but the 245nm version is nice to see things further in the distance.

I typically only switch to CR for a little bit, then back to BR to help see the lower level data. Oh, also on BR and any radar product that has multiple tilts, you can use the up/down arrows to quickly switch between tilts. Handy if looking at BV or SRV and you want to see what sort of mid level rotation as one example.

Tony

Staff member
Wow that Elreno Tornado spun up fast. That was/is impressive. And I say "is" because it may still be on the ground at this time.

RandyDSok

Yeah it did... not to mention the one south of it that may be heading for me. I'm going to head down to work now instead of waiting. That way I don't have to rush.

Tony

Staff member
Randy better be close to his 'fraidy hole'... This hook isn't playing around on this south tornado warning.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah it did... not to mention the one south of it that may be heading for me. I'm going to head down to work now instead of waiting. That way I don't have to rush.

Randy better be close to his 'fraidy hole'... This hook isn't playing around on this south tornado warning.

Those two messages were posted at the same time. damn, this is getting serious and close to home now.

Tony

Staff member
Everything sound of Moore is safe now. The storm has produced a gust front which pretty much kills the tornado thread. So I'm safe from them at least. Jones Ok. right now has another circulation over then. Tornado damage in OKC around the capitol and the Zoo. This thing ramped up really fast, wow.

Top Bottom