700 Gaba's Align 700e V2 !! :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Heeheehee competing against me that too lol

One of my friends bought an align starter kind of beat up for like 25 bucks. Lol all it needed was soldering a connection to the motor. Lol

He has two now. Ill ask him if he wants to sell that for cheap, he is getting it ready now... I guess .. If you are able to buy :)

Lol I do want to just drive up there and fly with you dude! :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
If it's an align starter, and it works, I will think about it depending on the price... And for me, "flying" is not the right word... Crashing... Now that's more like it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah I'll ask him :)

He is a great guy ... Helped me out invited me to his shop today and helped me change out the motor shaft.

He is on here actually .. Ill ask him when I meet him next :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Just picked up a used 12cell spider pack

5300mah 30C

2 6s batteries I can charge separately :) it's beautiful

I realized that the other 6S packs I got aren't fitting in my frame cause they are too puffed

So... Here is one pack I fly the 700 on!! Yay!!

Picked it up for 70 bucks :)

image-2789893787.jpg

image-2789893787.jpg

Lee

They are called Stick packs Marius. Most 700 size helis run them. Either bought ones or DIY stuck together :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
They are called Stick packs Marius. Most 700 size helis run them. Either bought ones or DIY stuck together :D

I m gonna make my "DIY" now.. Don't think I can find more deals like that yet, so soon I am gonna order turnigy batteries from HK. And that way I can make my own 12s with huge shrink wrap :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
My friends!!! We are CLOSE!! Very very close to maiden...!! Yes!! Just when you thought it was never gonna happen! Haha

The heli is wired and programmed .. Just need to double check the esc settings on the computer and the fbl settings too. Just to be sure ..

The sensors are all in, all wires are where I could bunch them lol.. Wiring is nowhere like Tony's OCD lol but it's not in the way is all :D

Batteries need Velcro and that's it. Charged them with the new charger system yesterday and man... 15 minutes from storage to full charge !! It was amazing!

Anywaz... After this I get the blades on and just take it out for a maiden :)

Not today. Too windy... But very soon now. :)

Btw: I found myself takin all the critical "Jesus" bolts out. From head and tail and all spindle shafts too.. And re cleaning them with alcohol and re loctiting them. Highly recommend that for every size.. ESP for these big ones lol ;D

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Just keep up the good work GABA. I won't start on mine for a while yet. But soon. Just ordered all the black gears including the anti rotation gear. Also a bearing puller installer I read about on helifreak. They say its a needed tool for installing the black gears. Also if you have ever talked to iceman ( rich ) over there. He is a member of my Rc club. An align pilot. He is going to help me with mine when the time comes. He has. The exact bird that I do.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Just keep up the good work GABA. I won't start on mine for a while yet. But soon. Just ordered all the black gears including the anti rotation gear. Also a bearing puller installer I read about on helifreak. They say its a needed tool for installing the black gears. Also if you have ever talked to iceman ( rich ) over there. He is a member of my Rc club. An align pilot. He is going to help me with mine when the time comes. He has. The exact bird that I do.

Bearing puller and installer .. Mind linking me? I think I know which one you are talking about. I had a hard time tapping mine in.. It's a good thing to have a tool for those tt gears for sure

I think if I am correct, the guy who designed that just passed away. I was gonna order one but never was side of someone was still making and selling those. Let me know which and where did you buy from ?

Tony

Staff member
I think he is lying about this heli. We have little proof, and the proof we do have, you can pull from google images hahahahaha.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hahahahahqhhahq well you might be right tony... Only one way to find out isnt it.. You gotta drive over here and check ;)

Well the bird is having small teeny weeny issues here and there.

Spooling up on the bench the sensor would pick up rpm 300 more than set. (Esc was programmed on heli mode)

Also the stupid thing would respond really poorly to throttle changes and in some cases drop rpm to as low as 900 before picking it up and kept hunting.. Again, my esc was programmed for heli mode

The esc needed to be programmed in external governor mode for it to respond fast to the changing inputs. Which I didn't know, as I am new to this electric heli game..

When I changed that the esc won't arm. At all. No matter how low I made my low end point it just won't come alive.

Researched everywhere and somewhere hidden I found the info that if you have "external governor" setup selected, can't have "auto rotation " mode checked with it, or it just doesn't initialize, and there's no reason why that happens. Well... Alright gotta Go back and change the programming again

Went to plug in the esc to the batteries to connect it to the software, and ...... One of the ec5's on the esc decided to come off solder. Very glad it happened on the bench and not in the air but.... It frustrated me to death and I quit for the day .. This heli is hanging on the wall needing a solder job and reprogramming of esc. I had to stop and clean up.. Today I go to work, so couldn't leave the build mess out.. Or wife would have murdered me hahaha..

So yep I've had hiccups.. Lol

I have soldered so much in this build ESP when I got the esc ready for install before and then realized a recall, and then realized my connections were wrong, and then I had to add a YGE CAP 7 capacitor pack for the length of my wires was going to be above recommended 12" total.. And then the charging rig build... Was done with soldering for the weekend lol

Yeah... Have learned and discovered wayy to much.. And soldered abd re soldered too much too haha! That's why .. But just means that I am covering .. Or trying to cover all my bases before I go up.

So that's what's going on.. I am sure I am missing something still had a ton of hiccups .. Haha but that's expected .. ;)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Cause it's a reactive governor

Ikon and brain (just like vbar) have a very superior governor .. And being built into the fbl system are proactive rather than reactive

So esc has to wait for a pitch change to bog your head till it realizes it needs to apply more throttle

While the governors built into the fbl system go already know most your cyclic and collective setups and are the first to get an input thus are proactive in governing headspeed.

Anyone who is using a brain or ikon and has switched to its governor has seen a noticeable difference. I can switch between banks when needed in flight or on the ground. I don't know if I need to , but won't be difficult to do a comparison. All I will need is to switch to a non governed bank and connect esc to the computer

But yeah.. Anyway. That's why I am using my "brain"'s governor to do the job :)

Top Bottom