700 Gaba's Align 700e V2 !! :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Align 700 project comes to a stupid halt again. That's the problem with someone who doesn't know or doesn't research doing the build.

This motor was bought for this heli. Never flown, but never fully installed either... The person who bought it did not do research on the motor and if changes were needed to it or a specific model. Lol

Well... The motor needs to be a 4035-560 XL. Guess why...? Lol

The shaft is too small to reach the pinion support block on the other end of the motor mount. So I got everything working properly yesterday like gear mesh wise .. And then I notice this

image-1627808715.jpg

image-3451871806.jpg

image-2330273921.jpg

So you can notice the gap between the pinion and motor shaft and the bottom bearing block... Researched a bit and found out I will have to buy a shaft from scorpion which is a drop in upgrade to this motor , with 'XL' shaft.

So ... I can complete the programming if my flybarless system ... Somehow mount my esc... And may be program it... Which I don't know where to mount and how.... Funny it's a big bird but seems crammed for space... Everything is in such a small area around the main shaft.. Lol

I need ideas .... Can someone help with ideas where to mount esc and route the huge 10 gauge wires on a 700e V2??

:)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

image-1627808715.jpg

image-3451871806.jpg

image-2330273921.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I don't think I will have to change the pinion.. I Think I'll have to change the motor shaft.

No I won't have to get a new motor for sure that would suck BIG time... Lol

. Just the shaft... Been told its easy... Seems like it too actually lol. Just a c clip and a couple grub screws in the back. But only when I do it, we can tell.

murankar

Staff member
Actually the main shaft is held in with two grub screws. The clip is used to hold the inner drum in place.

Only issue I foresee is if the shaft was pressed in place. If so you will have to machine press it out.

Lee

How easy is it to program the Ikon Gaba :D If you can read and look at pictures, you can program this. Sucks about the main shaft.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Man... This thing is giving me more issues

Well at least I found out I need a 100mm motor shaft.

But now, I also tried to go in and remove the grub set screw from the pinion. One came out. Other one decided to STRIP! So I have a stripped grub screw in a pinion....

I have an extra same pinion so don't care about that any more.. But do care about the motor shaft coming out. Now I am stuck.

Uri: scorpion shafts are press fitted, I will need a torque press or something to remove it. I know someone here with a machine shop for that.

Ideas on how to get it out?

image-3812703346.jpg

image-3812703346.jpg

Lee

If i have a tight grub screw, I always heat it with the tip of a soldering iron for a few minutes then i comes out super easy. You'll have to drill out the grub screw if theres no thread left.

Tony

Staff member
do as Lee stated with the iron. If that doesn't work, you can try to take a thin disk from a dremel and grind a slot into it. This will damage the pinion, but not too bad if your careful. If you don't want to do that, then you will need to get some left handed drill bits small enough to NOT damage the threads, but still larger than the allen driver needed for it. Chuck up the bit and PRESS HARD while running the drill in reverse. More times than not, the grub screw will come right out. Been there quite a few times with great success.

Tony

Staff member
Pressed in shafts can either be pressed out, or beat out with a hammer, socket and a punch. I use the hammer, socket and punch and have had great success.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
YEah... I have a friend with a machine shop . .actually KellysIslander .. he is a member here.. I'll ask him for help see if he can help me with this.. but

say if I just leave the pinion on there and not remove the C clip, (beacuse Pinion is covering it) dont you think I can just press it out just like it is .. ?

I need someone else to think it through is all.. In my head its working.. dont know if there is something I would be missing :)

murankar

Staff member
Only the newer ones are press fitted. My 3595 kV is not press fitted but my scorpion msh motor is.

Good luck with the repair.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Got the stupid grub screw out. Finally!!!!! Heat and patience is all it took :)

So now ordering the 100mm shaft to change it out and then ... We'll see what I run up against next lol

For now.. Ill program the brain and esc lol

And as far as getting in the air is concerned .. Lol not anytime soon haha!

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok

Update:

Scorpion has a 100mm shaft in it. Going to get the motor in the frame now and get the mesh and all working good. Then I hurry up and wait for the esc lol

Tony

Staff member
Gaba, send me your starter so I can get mine in the air lmao. Oh yeah, and get up here and program this thing while you are at it. That way I can win the "who gets in the air first" competition lmao.

Top Bottom