700 Gaba's Align 700e V2 !! :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hello everyone.

So as it goes. Every bird that have needs to be documented here on the website. So here is my 700E V2..

The bird as far as 1/14/2013 is not complete yet.

Here is the pic of what it looks like now..

photo 1(1).jpg
photo 2(1).jpg

Ok.. What electronics do I have in it:

Scorpion 4035-560 560 KV motor with 12T pinion

Castle ICE 160A ESC (its an overkill.. 120 would do fine.. but I dont want it to burn at any moment of time.. :p :D )

Servos: Cyclic: 3x Align DS610m
Tail : Futaba 9256

Flybarless System: MSH Brain

Governor: Inbuilt on Brain.. Using a Hyperion phase sensor for the sensor part

BEC: Western Robotics High Voltage BEC 2s-12s

RX Pack: Pulse 2S 3600mah Packs

Reciever: Two JR DSMX satellites hooked straight to the Brain

Batteries: Turnigy 6S 25-35C 5000mah batteries x2 (12S setup)

Upgrades:

RIGID Align Black Main gears
RIGID align black Torque Tube gears
KDE nose electronics rack (metal)
KDE frame stiffener
KDE battery slider rack
Align Metal Servo Horns
Carbon Fiber Push rods
Align V2 700e Tail blade holders and tail hub
Carbon Fiber Tail Boom
RC SCREWZ stainless steel screws

Blades: Edge 713mm and Tail Blades: 105mm Align / Edge (I am not sure yet :) )

Here is the progress:

MSH brain and cyclic servos are mounted.. The frame is fully built and just waiting for the V2 Tail grips and Hub to show up.

Programming the MSH Brain right now. EASY PEASY! I was going through it last night.. But left it half way. Will pick it up today.

Need to program the Castle ICE ESC too..

Tail Servo is still not installed but that shouldnt take me a while.

- - - Updated - - -

OK one question to the guys using Align metal servo horns.. Did you fight with those to get on the servos? I am having to really apply force to get those on.. and they are align..

Let me know! Thanks! :)

photo 1(1).jpg

photo 2(1).jpg

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I just put them on my 600. They were defiantly tight going on. So fight with them? No, but tight going on yes! Harder to get off? Very! I had to take them back off cause the balls needed to go on the inside hole for the FBL system instead of the out side. So I had to pry them back off to change them. Hmmm.

Lee

Mine are the opposite, they are too loose. We want more pictures Gaba!!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I will take more pictures Lee, I am just trying to make that bird look a bit more beautiful before I can take some more photographs… I should have taken some photographs while building the frame

Yeah my servo horns are a little too tight like Sam's.

If I keep going at the speed I have been this bird should be maidened by the end of this week or definitely next week

Can I put some thb oil on the servo horns before slipping them on or is a big no-no? Remember this is Metal to metal

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Okay so report on the servo horns… I found that cleaning the servo horns inside and out with alcohol and the same on the servo output gear makes them fit a little better there are specks of dust between them that makes it much harder

Sam you might want to try that next time…

Just installed my tail servo too .. And then was called by the wife lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Just checked on the specs again. It is a 4.2kw motor not 5.2kw.. 5.2 is only the peak power for 5seconds. Lol I didn't read it too carefully last time. Good catch. :D

Apologize for the mis info..

So no it's not rewound either. It's new... I am afraid of turning it on lol ;)

stokke

A bit OT, but do you know anything about re winding? I don't know squat, I just know people do it - and then the motor produces more power :D I've read that Aligns 750MX can be rewound to produce 8kw!! That's insane!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I thought I read on scorpion's website (couple years ago) how to rewind the motors.

I know nothing too. Lol .. Wonder If tony does lol.. He's good at crazy stuff like this :D

Lee

The new Goblin 500 will take the 700 size scorpion motors.!!!! Can you imaging the insane power this thing will have?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That's just too much!!!! Won't it need HV setup on servos or standards to handle to amount of force requires to move that rotor..?

Wow! Lol

I have thought hard about it.. Even if I hadn't gotten this 700e .. Goblin just isn't for me. Man! Too fast.. Too expensive... Lol one crash and ill be selling rest of my fleet to pay for it haha

Lee

It goes on sale on the 12th Feb for about $650 for the kit with blades. 12S and all the shiney expensive electronics, this bird is going to be one pricey 500.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, I know how to rewind a motor. No, I won't post it on here because I don't want to contribute to the delinquency of the members lmao. One mistake and 'POOF', magic smoke all gone lmao.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
My lhs Rc zone is now a goblins authorized dealer. Looked at goblin motor 700 size quantum.. Thing is HUGE.. And says made for the goblin!!! Man !! 5000kw continuous and 530 kv ... I might help him build one for his shop display :) .. (More he there when he builds it lol than help )

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
If my wife read this... All my helicopters will be on Craigslist and me banned from this forum lol

Hahah!! I pick my wife over goblin!! :) :)

Top Bottom