Forum Updates

Tony

Staff member
It is definitely bright lol. But some have a hard time with white text on a dark background. Others, like myself, find the dark background easier. Just depends on what eyes you have in your head lol.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, as a driver, I always tried to do my driving at night. Made the trips go MUCH faster without all of that traffic.

Whirlybird

Night is a good time :)

I worked night shifts during my painting career numerous times . . . the benefits:

No boss to bother you
No people around to bother you
:hdbng: TIME AND A HALF :hdbng:

Tony

Staff member
I just noticed that on the "Ice" theme, the Store, Donate and How-To buttons don't work. I forgot to create those pages in that theme and will get them done tonight when I get to work.

Tony

Staff member
It's bright, that's for sure. And I think it's pretty clean if you like that white background. I may have to play with the colors a bit yet. But it's close.

Tony

Staff member
Well, as I was sitting here, I got bored. All templates are now uploaded and all buttons are now working. If you notice one that is not working, let me know what one it is and I will take care of it.

Whirlybird

If you are "bored", why not design a new template . . . Maybe with a purple theme.

Call it "Essence of Tony" . . . Or maybe "I love You, You Love Me". :lmao:

Tony

Staff member
Updating this thread to let you guys know I may be making some changes here soon to the server. The site may go down, but shouldn't be for long. If things go really bad, then it may be down for a couple days. If I had another option, or if I can find another option, then I will do it, but for now, I'm having to do some drastic cleaning. If you have any issues that you see, let me know about them. Other than forumrunner that is.

Karubah

Tony, I have noticed every now and then when I post and hit the post button after a few seconds a window pops up that says" you will lose editing if you leave this page.. Do you want to leave this page...Yes ..No. " Not sure what this is about but I hit yes and it takes me back to the previous post but mine still shows up a when I go back to the main forum page.

Slobberdog

Dont know if its anything but a while ago i had no articles section in the header bar, its back now, just wierd.

Tony

Staff member
I have noticed the "Do you want to leave this page" popup and have no idea what is causing it? as for the articles section going away, that may have happened when I disabled all of the hooks on the forum for testing. The blogs and articles are all put onto the forum with hooks, and when I disable them, they go away. So no worries there. I"m looking into that popup though as it's happening to me and some others.

callsign4223

Staff member
That popup is generally caused by pushing the back button after you post. It thinks you haven't posted, even though you have.

Tony

Staff member
For me, it's when you hit reply, then the forum lags a bit and it takes longer than usual to post the reply. If it asks me if I want to leave, I click on "Stay On Page", copy all text in teh box, then refresh the page. 9 out of 10 times, my post will be there. If I would have hit Leave This Page, then it would have double posted. As stated, I'm looking or a solution.

Lee

I used to get the double post, but now when I press leave page it just posts one.

Top Bottom