Forum Updates

Tony

Staff member
Alright, I'm asking anyone and everyone to NOT clear their cookies now and tell me if you still see the same issues. I think I found the problem, but I need more eyes to test. Please post and tell me if you still see them.

As an update, I made a change and without clearing my cookies, the issue with the URL bar has went away.

Lee

Just pressed last post to get on this thread, and it went to the last post. So something has worked :)

Tony

Staff member
That is one issue that you have had for a while now, right?

Anyone else? I need some responses from you guys to let me know if this change has resolved the issue.

RandyDSok

I haven't had any issues since the original one I reported about not being able to clear the cookie resulting in me staying logged in. All other posts were about trying to replicate issues others had reported and I was unable to.

Tony

Staff member
So far for me, clicking through over 50 threads, reading and replying with just a reply and with quotes, everything seems to be back in working order. And thankfully, I was able to stop my host from updating my server. that woudl have resulted in more issues.

I will leave this thread with this. If you see any issues with the forum, let me know!

And to answer everyones question that I know you are asking, it was the facebook API that caused ALL of these issues. I didn't make any changes on the forum, these issues came straight from facebook. Needless to say, facebook is about to go away. Just when I was starting to promote it. If I can find a work around for this issue, I will keep it up, but as of right now, it's doomed.

Lee

So far for me, clicking through over 50 threads, reading and replying with just a reply and with quotes, everything seems to be back in working order. And thankfully, I was able to stop my host from updating my server. that woudl have resulted in more issues.

I will leave this thread with this. If you see any issues with the forum, let me know!

And to answer everyones question that I know you are asking, it was the facebook API that caused ALL of these issues. I didn't make any changes on the forum, these issues came straight from facebook. Needless to say, facebook is about to go away. Just when I was starting to promote it. If I can find a work around for this issue, I will keep it up, but as of right now, it's doomed.

Just testing the reply with quotes. Seems to work fine now. :D

Tony

Staff member
Frank, At this time I'm keeping just one theme on here. It's easier to chase down issues when I'm not having to chase that one issue on 10 different themes. If I do bring the default (or White) theme back, that will be the only one. Taking care of all of those themes, installing all of the custom pages in EACH one every time I did an update just isn't worth it. I know some like the green, some like the blue, red, purple and so on, but with I just being me doing this work, and the lack of time, reducing it to one theme has made things go 10x faster in updating the forum.

I hope everyone understands, it's just too much work for me to keep all of them up. And the more time I can save, the more time I can hopefully get out and fly instead of waking up, and jumping on the computer to work some more.

Lee, That is some good news. I know you were having all kinds of issues.

RandyDSok

Geez.... It sounds like vBulletin has sorry theme support. On IP Board, the theme support is separated from the forum code... sort of CSS style.

Tony

Staff member
In here, I can put them all under one parent theme, but making changes is a nightmare and you cross yoru fingers that they are not changing something that shouldn't be changed on antoher theme. That is what I was running into with these.

The themes are seperate, but you have to use the themes if you are putting custom pages into the forum. If you have only one parent theme, then it's pretty easy. But as explained above, that doesn't work all the time. So I had to go into each one of them and update them one by one with the full code of the page that I was was wanting to put on the forum.

Tony

Staff member
Jesse, what is Bubble Posts? Or did you mean "Double"? If you mean double, I'm walking outside and :banghead:

Tony

Staff member
Frank, I have put the white theme back on the forum. We now have two themes to choose from. Fire and Ice!!! I'm not done with Ice yet. Will take all week to finish it.

Tony

Staff member
I have not seen many double posts, but they do happen. Thankfully, some of the double posts are not a forum issue, rather a double tap of the mouse. I guess you can still call I a forum issue because it should catch it before it posts, but sometimes it doesn't. Just keep me informed.

Frank, I thought you would like that one. I will be working on it more tonight at work to try and clean it up. Better than that stock blue color that was on there lol.

Tony

Staff member
Ironically the double post just happened to me on that last post. I think it had to do with my browser though. Something in IE10 is making my computer run about 16% on the CPU. And I can't find it. Still checking.

Tony

Staff member
After working on the Ice theme for a while, I'm starting to dig it! Coffee + a bright screen = wake you up in a hurry lmao.

Whirlybird

I like it much better than the "default" . . . the colors are cool . . . just what's needed on a hot summer day :)

- - - Updated - - -

Tony, I just noticed that with my iPhone (and I use the full site there) everytime I change pages it jumps to the "fire" theme :dunno:

Tony

Staff member
I just tested this out on my Note II, and didn't get it to jump back to Fire. Have you tried logging out and back in to reset the cookie? You may have one on the phone that is only for the fire theme. Meaning, it was set before I put this one up.

I clicked through about 15 different pages, and it always stayed on "Ice". Let me know if logging out and back in works. If that doesn't work, you may have to reset your network settings, or just wait until the cache updates.

Top Bottom