Forum Updates

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I have been updating the forum to get some of the clutter off of it. I know you can't see what I'm cleaning up, but trust me, on the back end, it's MUCH cleaner now.

I'm posting this to let you guys know to look out for any issues that may come up. In my cleaning up, I have gotten rid of the old store as well as the donate page, rules page and how-to page and replaced them with custom coded pages directly in the forum. You will no longer see /pages.php in a link when you click on one of those tabs. Instead, now all you have to do is type out the url "rc-help.com" and put /store.php, /donate.php, /rch_how_to.php, and /tos.php. It's much cleaner, loads faster and I was able to get rid of about 25+ files from the server.

If you see anything weird, let me know.

I have also edited the buttons that guests can see when they are on the forum. The Articles, Forum and What's New are ALL they can see now. I have also added a button that only guests can see, and that is the "Please Register To See Full Website". This is to help with bots and spammers overloading the server and slowing down the forum. If you want to see these changes, simply click on the Log Out button at the top right of the forum and you will see what I'm talking about. If you have a hard time logging back in, clear your cookies and cache from your browser. I have made changes to the way the cookies are put on your computer so you need to have a new cookie installed for everything to work correctly.

As stated, many changes are going down. I'm trying to update the store so it's easier. I didn't see a reason to make members sign up on the forum, then have to turn around and sign up on the store just to download a free plan. Great idea at first, but quickly became old. So I have gotten rid of the old store.

Please post suggestions if you have them. Whether it be new tags for new pages or whatever, I want to know. I'm trying to make this a forum that YOU like and can get around. Any input is greatly appreciated.

-Tony

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Why is the area that you type in now black instead of white? Not that it matters. Just wanted to find out if you changed it or not.

RandyDSok

Tony,

In Windows 8 on IE10 and Chrome... it still doesn't clear the cookie when I log out... The question is do you want me to keep mine like this for now so you have someone that can test any changes ... or just manually delete the cookie and move on? I can do either easily, just wanted to ask to see what you need done is all.

BTW... on the Green theme, I'm getting the red fire them on the very top menu line now ... ie the one with the log out. I also get the black type in area as black... personally I think it fits the theme better but if it wasn't your intention, you know have two that mentioned it.

Tony

Staff member
Guys I'm still testing this. The issue came back last night and I'm now doing some new testing that I was made aware of.

Jesse, try deleting your cookies and clearing your cache. It works for my computer for a while. I'm testing to see if it will come back on a completely new theme.

Sam, I need to know what theme you are using as well as what browser. I need the theme to test it, and the browser for future reference.

Randy, you can delete the cookies and clear the cache. It's not a problem and I appreciate you helping. No need in reducing your activity in the pursuit of testing. So far, I have been able to find a way to bring it back each time just by clicking the same link over and over again. I'm thinking a cookie is being corrupted somehow.

Westy

LEGEND
On a positive note:
I have noticed I am now getting email from my subscriptions when new posts are threaded to my subbed threads :) Great!

i just tried a new thread in the for sale ... Pre-fix is selectable from my Chrome Browser with all old cookies in place.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Jesse, scroll to the bottom of the forum and select "Default vBulletin" as the theme. Tell me if your issues are still there.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, if you mouse over it it will show what's in there. it's white text on a white background until you mouse over it. But, that is on the back burner to fix until I figure out these other issues.

One thing to keep in mind is I had to clear my cache and cookies 3 or 4 times before it took. So far, I have not had the issue come back on my end. But I can assure you, I have a little more gray hair with these issues lmao.

Lee

Don't if its a forum issue or mine, but two things have started to happen.
1) I'm getting do you want to leave this page warnings, when i try to post something.
2) When i press last post, it doesn't go to the last post any more. Just the top of the page its on.

Westy

LEGEND
Mine does the same... you hit last and it just goes to the last page... I am reasonably certain it used to go to the last actual post.... but it now just goes to the top of the last page.

callsign4223

Staff member
Hmm, your using Safari right Lee?

What are you using Westy?

Mine appears to be working normally in Firefox. Once I had to hit the button 3 times to make it work, but I think that was a fluke.

RandyDSok

Win8 using Google Chrome... the "Go to first new post" and the "Go to last post" links are working as expected for me. I'll check on Win8 IE10 as well as Win7 IE10 and Chrome in a bit.

Top Bottom