Projects Foamie Biplane!

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
I know... I've been working on the final details tonight. The slave struts are installed, and I'm getting ready to glue up the cabanes. My bud and I are planning to maiden it on Saturday! I'll shoot a short video a little later showing the progress, it will be the final build video. So, until then... back to the bench!

Tony

Staff member
I would say this is the longest build ever, but then there is my Telemaster to think about hahaha.

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
This is the last update to this thread until the maiden. Here's a video of the slave struts in action. The cabanes are drying right now. I'll glue them in afterwards, and this thing is finished!

It's been a fun build, kind of sad in a way to get to this point. On the other hand, the point is to get it into the air and I am looking forward to that!

Last edited by a moderator:

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
Where's the clear plastic? The clear sticker that the cut vinal is attached to? Did I do something wrong by sticking the whole thing to my plane?

Tony

Staff member
No, that is on my canopy, you would put yous below where the pilot would be. But I guess that would depend on the length of the decal and the space available. And the clear plastic is just transfer paper, it's meant to only transfer the decals.

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
No, My question goes to how the decals are supposed to be applied. I see that on your canopy that all that is there are the vinal letters. The decals I have have a clear sticky that the letters are stuck to. I just stuck the whole thing, the clear bit holding the lettering directly to my plane. Was I supposed to do something differant?

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
Tony! #1 I have never applied decals such as these... #2 OMG :surprise: They look AWESOME! Thanks! I seriously didn't know to do that LOL. :black_eyed:

Tony

Staff member
I'm thinking about changing around my transfer paper back to the regular stuff for single layer decals. I purchased the clear because it's easier to line things up when doing multiple layers.

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
The clear actually helped a lot for lining them up. If the clear is the same money I'd stick with it...

Latest news: My pilot is away all weekend, so the maiden will be Tuesday evening at our club.

Tony

Staff member
The clear is a little more actually. What I don't like about the clear is it's not very flexable. The paper is like a thin masking tape, very easy to put around bends. Either way, I'm glad you like them.

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
I couldn't help myself... It was such a nice day out that I took a short vid of the completed plane!

Maiden is this coming Tuesday!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
That plane looks really good Steve. I like the name on the right side, but think you should put one on the same spot on the other side as well. Just a thought.

Top Bottom