General Flight simulation

gravybird

Ok ya I'm patiently waiting for that moment:) what setting would I change if I wanted to make the sticks seem a little less extreme on the cyclic, i got rudder and pitch under control. If that even makes any sense.

Tony

Staff member
You will want to raise the expo on the elevator and ailerons. It will slow down the movement in the beginning travel, but speed it up in the end travel.

Lee

The DR will reduce the overall servo movement. Try putting the MCPX cyclic to 70% and you will see that if you bang the sticks around it doesn't move quite so erratically. But thats too much so 85% seem good to me.

gravybird

Ok, well I made those adjustments, and it does hover easier for me:) but I feel like I am cheating. Anyway, maybe it will get better for me when I start using my dx6i on the sim. right now I am using that cheapo from hobbypartz, works great, but I think the real thing will work better, right???

Tony

Staff member
Nothing is cheating if it keeps you in the air. Well, nothing EXCEPT the Flymentor lmao. I can't stand that thing. Only on a quad...

We Can Haz Videoz?

Tony

Staff member
Google? Not quite sure what that is... ;)

But yes, it's cheating when you can just let go of the sticks and it stays there lmao

murankar

Staff member
If you get the final product the way you want it it's not cheating. Just don't go to a fly field thinking your epic awesome because that would be epic fail. What the flip is google? Never heard of that. lol

gravybird

just want to add this bit o' info I figured out about heli-x. when I change the expo, and DR settings, the computer need to be hooked to the internet for the changes to actually take effect. I noticed it on my laptop, that the expo settings wouldn't actually change, even though it showed the changes in the menu, and than yesterday I was fooling around while I had my wifi card on, and I noticed that the changes actually made a difference:)

Lee

I'm not sure about that Gravy. My settings change when ever i make an adjustment and press save. But if you want it to be permanent then you need to press ok/save not ok.

gravybird

ya you're right, I'm not sure why I was experiencing it that way, and I came up with that situation. I just monkeyed with it some more:dejection:

gravybird

I'm also getting used to flying it on my 27" imac, vs my 13" mbp. It is alot different between the two. What kind of mac do you use Heli-x on? when I am using it on my mbp, it doesn't take long before the machine is smoking hot!!

Top Bottom