General Flight simulation

gravybird

ok thanks. I guess I will stick to the paralells route, sounds easier as soon as I get a hold of a copy of windows:)

bweber

OK i would like to go back to an earlier post about it being harder to fly in a sim then the real thing. i can't fly a sim to save my soul i have i would guess maybe 20 hours on Clearview and of that maybe about 5 hours actually in the air. when it comes to the real thing, lets just say I'm better then the sim. Is this normal or do you guys think I'll never get to far out of FF without it? i do however think that part of the problem i have with the sim is that the controller i use sucks big time, and the controller for my current heli as no hook us for the computer. So the question is i recently bought a DX8, does that come with the cord to hook in the comp. or must i buy this separately? and if separate where can i find one?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
You have to get another cord to hook up. Yes it will work.

Calibrate your controller every time you start the simulator.

I usually do almost better on sim... Lol kinda scared to try stuff... So donno about that yet.. :)

Tony

Staff member
As Gaba stated, you will ahve to get a cable for the DX8. As for where, I have no clue but can find out when I have my internet back so I can search faster. My modem just blew up and I'm having to get online with my phone. I have a new modem on teh way (Satellite internet) and I also have a new company coming out to see if I can get faster internet and get rid of the satellite. If you wait that long (I doubt it, there is someone on here that knows lol), I can get the info for you.

And I can be a 3D master on the sim, and I'm just a hovering and mild FF heli flyer. I have never wanted to push teh real heli because crashes cost money lmao. If I had deep pockets, I wouldn't have an issue in crashing lol.

gravybird

thanks lee. I actually am using the free version, but I don't like it very much. I didn't go thru with the parallels thing, so I will hopefully be getting the heli-x soon. What kind of cable will I be needing to use it with a dx6i. I currently have a tx with a usb cable on it, but I would like to use my own tx that I'll be using for flying:)

Lee

The cable i mentioned above should be fine. The V4 Heli X is really nice. When you get it maybe we can hook up online for some flying.

gravybird

Sounds good. You fly, and I'll virtually crash:) Wasn't sure about those cables, it looked like they were for futaba.

Lee

You`re gonna love it gravy. I`ll try to get online again soon to fly with you.

gravybird

ok, ran out on some errands. I guess you're probably not here now. how does that work on the mutiplayer? would I just click on one of the names in the list, give myself a name and click join?

Lee

Yep just go on the list one of us makes a game or we just join one thats already there. Not today though. We'll do it another time gotta head out.

Lee

I tried it but prefer the real thing. I mostly fly the Trex 600 on 10S or the Synergy 700

gravybird

ok, I am trying to get good at a heli that I actually have, but that thing is insane on heli-x. I haven't messed with anyhting above a 450 yet. I'll give it a shot. I would be amazed to see someone be able to keep the mcpx inside the cage in "cage training" :)

Lee

I had a go with the MCPX last night. As it is in the sim its not very realistic. I went into the set up for it and changed the DR to 85%. This made it feel more real.

gravybird

I will give that a shot. Is that the dr for cyclic? I tried changing the expo to soften the sticks, but I don't think it changed much. I don't quite have a grasp on dr expo yet. I think I will watch the vids again.

Tony

Staff member
It will take a while to totally wrap your head around the concept and what they actually do. But one day, you will have a :doh: moment and everything will just click. And that is a wonderful day lmao.

Top Bottom