General Flight simulation

Wanaero

Anyone can give me a good simulator for my macbook?
I hate to split the hard drive and run windows and mac at the same time. After all windows has all the virus that could damage your laptop.
Help me please!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ok .. i am a macbook user too...

I use parallels dekstop... in my mac... no partitioning required, and if there is virus infection it remains in the windows file.. never gets out... Its pretty awesome and works like a charm.. I am using it on my macbook pro 4gigs of ram and it is good..

The sim i use is Clearview... its like 40 bucks.. the cheapest out there.. Parallels can run another 80 if you buy it. what i do is keep using my email address to have them send me trial activation code... every 15 days i get one.. now this might sound not good but i didnt have 80 bucks to shell out on parallels.. so i di it...

NOw as far as somehitng straight up for the mac... There is this sim called heli-x .. here is the link :

HELI-X - News

try to look up its video on youtube.. its got some pretty awesome features.. But in the US it runs 80 bucks... so go try it out and see if you like it..

Technically if had to go ahead and buy parallels and then clearview... i would have to have spend 120 bucks... in which case Heli-X is cheaper.. but i didnt know about it until after... :)

hope this helps... Lee (one of the admins here) uses it and says he loves it! he uses it on a mac too

Wanaero

Tried the demo sim and hate the interuptions while hovering.. So i paid for the full version. When do i get the codes?

Lee

Should be sent to you within a day or so. Great sim and the only sim for Macs unless you do as Gaba did. I couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

Wanaero

Should be sent to you within a day or so. Great sim and the only sim for Macs unless you do as Gaba did. I couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

Can you share your settings on heli x... I don't know anything about expo...

Lee

I have just used the presets. Never changed the settings, just change helicopter for different feeling

Wanaero

Has anyone tried the Aerofly 5 for mac?? It has both heli and plane that works on a mac os... I do want to try it but it just cost too much..

Wanaero

I really feel like it's much harder to control on a simulator. Maybe i set the transmitter wrongly? How did you do it?

Lee

No same here. Its harder on the sim for me too. Better that way than the other :D

gravybird

hello, I'm a mac guy too. so I guess heli-x is for me:) now are you guys german? because I am totally lost when looking at their site:) is heli-x compatible with a 6 ch transmitter on the mac? any help would be greatly appreciated:)

ok, basically what I am looking for is a simulator program, and a 6 channel transmitter to go along with it, that will all work on my mac:)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Lee is the man to ask there. He just moved to Mexico from Spain and is trying to get internet setup so it may be a while before he is back on. but he runs a Mac and has a couple sims that he has used.

I think the 6ch that I used from hobbypartz will work with the Mac, but I can't say for sure. However, if it will, I will show you how to get rid of that dial on it and put a switch there. Much easier for retracts and/or flaps.

Tony

Staff member
If you had a windows based machine, or willing to install a dual boot on your mac, I would suggest Clearview. I use it, and love it. For $40, it's the best sim out there for the money. And it's always being updated. But, won't work on a mac that I know of. And, it's fun to get your friends over there and see who can do a move the longest lol.

gravybird

ya, I really don't want to get into running windows on my mac's. but maybe this will be the reason that makes me break down, and do it hehehe. I have pleasantly forgotten everything I never knew about windows over the last couple years.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey man!!

Xheli will support your tx until and unless you have the right cord and drivers to hook it up. It's an amazing software

I understand where you stand in running windows on Mac... It's something I didn't wanna do either... But hey... I went to parallels site, downloaded the trial, and put windows in it.. I haven't paid a dime for parallels yet.. All I do is every 16 days I enter a new trial key I get from the website on entering my email, and I activate it for another 16-18 days.. Lol (saves me 80 bucks worth of a software all legally) .. And then clearview is just awesome.
I have a MacBook pro with 2.26core2duo and 4gigs of ram. Man, clearview runs smooth.. :) I love it.. I have learned so much on it.. I use the hobbypartz transmitter with it (it was just 20 bucks) and needs no driver support, it runs straight up on the windows installed on your Mac.. Even Mac has inbuilt drivers for it...

If you think of buying the software parallels, then obviously xheli would be cheaper at 80 total.. But even if doesn't support your tx.. That hobbypartz one is definitely something that is useable. :)

gravybird

do you guys know if clearview will work on my mac running windows thru bootcamp? I can get a hold of a copy of windows xp for the right price, and bootcamp is already on here:)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey gravy..

Here is the risk you run..

If you haven't run bootcamp before, it's a bit tricky and you end up formatting your entire hdd, abd losing your Mac os too. How do I know?? The hard way.. I lost 100 gigs of personal stuff.. :( still hurts a little.

But if you figure it out, and install windows in it, then the answer is YES. It works with bootcamp windows.. ;)

Top Bottom