ESC ESC's not working

Rbei312

Already did. I should get them Tuesday. Strange though ain't it. I flew 3 times after the vid. What's strange too is I'll try a couple times then I'll change the throttle end point a couple clicks and try again and it'll go.

Rbei312

That's my whole problem. It's the only way I can get all of the esc's to arm. Primarily 1 an 3 won't arm. Once they do it flies. Fpv is awesome. I got 4 flights in at the field and fpv'd on 2. It's great. Now I just have to get this quad to work right.

Tony

Staff member
What ESC's did you order? I think I'm running the Emax ESC's with a clone of the SimonK firmware in them. They work pretty well.

Rbei312

Update on this problem. I received my new esc's yesterday and replaced motor 1's and it did the exact same thing. I guess in hind sight I should have switched out the esc with one of the others for trouble shooting purposes. Now it looks like I got some bad motors.

Tony

Staff member
Dude that sucks. I was almost for sure the ESC's were the issue. On a motor, it's just a 3 phase electric motor and it either works or it doesn't. There is usually no inbetween. There has to be something missing here and I just don't know what it is. Or can't think of it.

Lee

That sucks mate.
Have you made sure the motor screws are not touching the windings, and shorting the motors?

WyDiablo

I had a hexa that did the same thing Tony. It would lag and sometimes not even spin and the problem was that I had a bad solder joint. And after redoing the joint for that motor everything was 100% fine.

Rbei312

Tony, yea it does suck. I have a set of sunny sky motors of the same size on the way. Lee, no I didn't that but I will. As far as the sunny sky's, do you think I could mix them with emax's, or do I need to run them as a set???

Rbei312

I figured that but I thought I would ask. As for the screw touching anything, nope. I took them off the quad, no difference.

Lee

Never use two different types of motor.
Even if they are the same KV, they will be different, and cause instability, or tuning issues.

hatchet

Re: ESC's fixed end points

:arms::arms::arms:Hi,
Just wondering if you can help me,with my trex700E dfc.i have two pics of my tx,I'm doing the end points.i have a castle 120amp ice 2.i have been looking on YouTube,to set the end points sub trim all the way down,and travel adjust to 60% for H & L stick.for this to work which it does.but it's just abit confusing when it's say keep the throttle curve to 0% to 100%.you can see on the pic in 0% out -15%.is this right.cheers

image.jpg

image.jpg

Rbei312

Ok. Update. Now I'm really scratching my head. It's still doing it. New motors, new PDB. What am I doing wrong???? It's gotta be something simple.

Lee

Is the arming light coming on on the CC3D?
The Blue light should be flashing when it arms.

Rbei312

It's flashing but it's a real fast flash. I think it's slower when the other ones arm. Could it have something with the bind? I'm bound at 22ms. Should I rebind at 11ms?

Lee

it should be a fast flash.
I think the best way for us to know whats happening, would be for you to make a short video of what you do.
What you do when going through the Vehicle setup wizard, Transmitter set up etc.

Top Bottom