General Dynam

Loopy

No problem!! I don't blame you for being angry. I would be too. That pretty well helps me decide not to by the WACO. A real shame, because it's a gorgeous airplane, for real and as a model too.

Loopy

No problem!! I don't blame you for being angry. I would be too. That pretty well helps me decide not to by the WACO. A real shame, because it's a gorgeous airplane, for real and as a model too.
Addendum, I solved my dilemma and bought a Carbon Cub.

Loopy

Carbon Cub is a great plane!

Which CC did you buy? I have the Hobby Zone S Cub which is the same thing as the HZ CC, less tundra tires ( I bought a set for my SC)

They fly great!!! I set my throws for max deflection and added the flap servo.
Mine is the HZ Carbon Cub S2 1.3. I set my throws to max. also, but no flaps yet. Not sure I need them. It flies so slow and takes off quickly, especially if there's a bit of wind. It will do every maneuver in the book except vertical hover. Needs a bit more power I think.

Loopy

Try a different prop. It came with a 9x6? If I remember right... and just a flimsy one at that. I have an APC on mine. You have to do a bit a massaging on the spinner to get it to fit.

The APC will be less forgiving in a crash, but you aren't suppose to crash, right? :arms: It is a glass fiber I think and much better profile and quality! They are pretty cheap. I bought a few different pitches and diameters.

I haven't tried a hover, but it will T/O and go vertical with ease, even with a 2200 battery. Don't count the flaps out. They do make a difference, you think it lands slow now.... . It is an easy mod and the RX is ready.

And when I say throws, I mean the servo arms, moving the control rods to the outside to get the most travel ... on the rudder and elevator. I like doing that and if too much, I can adjust the limits from the TX.

I went to a larger ESC and to 4S battery and a 11x7 prop... It should hover... or burn up. I'll let you know if it lets out the smoke. LOL!
I had a 10 X 8 on a couple of weeks ago when I plowed it into the ground. Crumpled the nose and broke the motor shaft. Minor wing damage also. BIG pilot error. I tried and outside loop and didn't have enough altitude. I have the servo arms at max now, didn't when I crashed it. I got the nose uncrumpled by boiling it. A bit too much boiling I think . The nose is now a bit mushy. Will try again after re-paint etc.
Any one ever used Active Powers Sports in Cal.? Good prices. I'm waiting a small order I placed on the 7th. Will see how it goes before I order a new fuselage.

Loopy

Those motor shafts are hard and brittle! I have broken one also!!!

View attachment 23723No offense, but you should start your own thread and you may get some smarter people to reply than I!!! LOL!!!

Oh, that strange thing in the background is an Australian Shepherd. :banana:
Pretty Cub. Did you paint it or buy it that color? AHA, it's not a HobbyZone Carbon Cub!!!! "right"

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Those motor shafts are hard and brittle! I have broken one also!!!

View attachment 23723No offense, but you should start your own thread and you may get some smarter people to reply than I!!! LOL!!!

Oh, that strange thing in the background is an Australian Shepherd. :banana:
That bird must be quick...then I saw this video and it answered my question I think this bird is like yours some what.

Loopy

It is the S Cub, predecessor to the CC (all replacement parts will fit). Hobby Zone plane and I added the CC main tires and tail wheel. I have a CC also with all the GPS etc. Never been in the air. Now the S Cub, has been in the air, in the tree, and in the dirt... LOL!!! First set of tundra tires were from an FMS Kingfisher. I had to bushing them to fit the axel... Found out that a carbon fiber control rod will act like a BRAKE... after the 3rd nose over and a broken propshaft, I figured that out. :chairshot:
So that's a S Cub spinner? And it will fit the C C 1.3?
I don't have the GPS etc. Just don't need it. It's so controllable in the #1position it almost flies itself. Flip to the #3 and it will do anything I can think of. Just haven't mastered an outside loop yet. :crushed:

Top Bottom