DX8 First Flight w/ mCP-X In The Wind

Tony

Staff member
Okay so I took it out again, and I think both motors are starting to get weak. With teh same settings as before, I had to use full collective to climb. Anymore pitch, and it would blow the tail out. Man that brushless with teh 120 tail is looking better and better lmao. Maybe I will do it without the frame for now... We will just have to wait and see. Oh, and yes I did take video, but it's not much fun watching the tail blow out and me crashing it, and having a hard time finding it lmao. I had to move the cyclic just to hear where it was hahaha. Oh well, we will have to see what we can get done.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
just fyi.. 120 tail without BL is going to make your heli just so tail heavy and sluggish that you'll not like it. :)

Tony

Staff member
The 300mah batteries will help, but I know what you are saying. If I get the 120 tail, the BL kit will be coming with it. Still not decided on teh frame although it's friggin cool lmao.

Lee

I would say its your batteries Tony, not the motors. I have noticed that from one new battery to one old, the heli is a totally different beast.

Tony

Staff member
I was thinking the same thing. On the second light on teh stock charger (.02 amp I think, or is it .2?), it only takes about 10 minutes to charge. So, I think the batteries are getting tired. I may order 6 more of those Turnigy batteries, or just say the hell with it and get 6 of teh 500's. She should wake up when I get the 300mah 35c's though.

Top Bottom