DX8 First Flight w/ mCP-X In The Wind

Tony

Staff member
Alright so I took the mcpx back out today for some more flights, and this time I'm hammering on it pretty hard yet again in the Oklahoma wind. I did end up crashing it, twice in the field, and once on the roof of my house lol, but never broke anything, nor did a lose any links! This thing is wanting to be thrown around the sky, and when I do, it's just asking for more. Yeah, I need to get me one of these brushless upgrades. then it's go time.

I have been searching today, and I don't think I'm going to try the KBDD blades. Yes, they are more visible, but that is it. They are weaker than the stock blades, and flex a lot more. so, I will be sticking to the stockers for now. Actually I'm thinking about tossing on the FFF blades and seeing how well they handle the little bit of 3d that I can do. Only one way to find out...

Lee

I'm looking for parts now, as my order fell through. Some issue with paypal and international shipping. Back to the drawing board :D

Tony

Staff member
what parts are you looking for? I have found the brushless upgrade, 120sr tail, and carbon/aluminum frame kit that I want. It's only about $180 lmao. Still trying to decide if it's worth it...

Tony

Staff member
The thing about the ones I'm looking at, is they are plug and play, no soldering. Not everyone can solder solid wire, and don't want to deal with that small motor plug for the Steve to generate the signal for the brushless ESC. THIS is the kit I'm looking at.

Lee

So are the ones on the sites i put up. All are plug and play. I have looked at the wow hobby one too and almost went for it until i found the same parts cheaper.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Check these guys out. Blade mCPX 2 Parts, Blade MSR Parts items in MCPX store on eBay!
And these, http://tmkarc1hobby.com/category/helicopter/e-flite-blade/blade-mcp-x
$180 for just those items is quite a lot. If you look at my shopping list i put up here from the guys above, the nine items only came to $151.

Go Nitro are the people I've ordered all the mcPX v2 upgraded from, including the cnc upgrade package I ordered last night: http://www.ebay.com/itm/130670837123?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Morelight

Fearless Freep
how does Lee link html links? I copy and paste or use the add link button above this typing and it won't post saying a moderator has to approve the post. 3 times so far??????

Tony

Staff member
how does Lee link html links? I copy and paste or use the add link button above this typing and it won't post saying a moderator has to approve the post. 3 times so far??????

That shouldn't be happening. I removed that feature a long time ago, but must have missed something. All you have to do is copy and paste the links, or if you want to turn a word or sentence into a link, you will press the embed link button. Let me see what is going on and I will work with it.

Tony

Staff member
OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH, micro turbine.... Now that would be off the hook. Jamie, eat your heart out hahaha.

Top Bottom