Spektrum dx6i question

Tony

Staff member
Make sure the throttle stick is "low=off" and "High=full power". After that is done, if the motor is rotating backwards, just reverse any two wires on the motor. then, check your collective. do all servos go up and down with the stick? If not, find the 1 that is not the same as the others. Yes, only one servo even if it's moving in teh correct direction. after you reverse that servo, do into your swash mix and take the +60 to -60 and that will reverse your collective. Now, check your cyclic. Right should be right, forward should be forward, and so on. If for example forward is backward on teh swash, go back into your swash mix, and do the same for the elevator. It takes a bit, but you will get it.

Oh, and I do have a few videos on this process. They may be worth another watch.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's quite frustrating in teh beginning, but once you setup a few of them, you realize what you have to do. Just a small learning curve lol.

gravybird

I'm having some trouble with my new plane(t-28 trojan ultra micro) and my mcpx, but my 120sr is working great, I can't figure out if it's tx related or the machines. On the mcpx I re binded it, because I forgot to turn on the tx first. Now it won't spool up, either in f mode or reg mode. The pitch and cyclic work just fine. Also the led blinks 3 times rapidly than a pause than repeats.

Than with the plane, it will bind, and work just fine for a minute or so, than it just looses cinnection, and it won't re bind.

I waiting on a call back from product support at horizon, but thought I'd throw it out here:)

Tony

Staff member
where is your throttle trim set at? The trim from the buttons next to the sticks? If in the middle, try putting them at the very bottom. Also, when you bound the Tx to the heli and plane, was the throttle stick all the way down? If not, turn on your Tx, throttle stick all the way up, turn on the heli, after some noise, lower the stick all the way. Let me konw if it helps.

gravybird

Ok, so the mcpx was binding in throttle hold mode, completely my fault, I forgot to push the rudder stick to the right while binding.

as for ze plane, it has been diagnosed with a bad board..... and of course they are on backorder:(

Tony

Staff member
You don't have to hold the rudder stick to bind the heli. That is only to change from computerized to non computerized Tx. but if it works, it works lmao.

I dont have the charger for my DX6I so anyone know the input rating for the chargers?
I would like to leave the ni mh batterys in there and recharge it standing, I have a lot of transformers laying around so I am sure I have something to fit the bill.
Thanks

Tony

Staff member
I will look at my charger when I get home and let you know voltage and polarity. Unless someone else posts it first. A picture would work best with a pic of the charger sticker.

murankar

Staff member
page 11 in the manual. if you have the pdf it is pdf page number 6. looks like the post is neg and the collar is pos. charges at 4.8 volts.

Top Bottom