Spektrum dx6i question

I just got my new dx6I dsmx full range tx.I noticed that it doesn't have a simulator port to it,but has a trainer port.I found out that the training port acts as a simulator port.I noticed that when i plugged in the sim cable and turned on the tx it didnt work for the sim, but when i turned off the power switch, the controller activated and started to working for the sim.
The question that i have is ...with the power button turned off, controller activated and started working on the sim. Does it still use the batt power or is it using the power from the computer?

Tony

Staff member
I have never used that feature, but I'm sure it's using the 5v from the USB port.

gravybird

I got another dx6i question... How do we know when it's time to put it on the charge, and how do we know when they are fully charged?

Tony

Staff member
Fully charged will be 5.7 to 5.8 volts when it's on. There is a little battery display on the main screen. As for knowing when it's there, you don't. No light, no buzzer, nothing. I would just plug it in the night before and let it go. It's a trickle charger and it will not over charge the batteries. I leave mine plugged in all the time and have never reduced my battery life. Everything goes through the board on the Tx, and is controlled by the board. So no worries there. But, plugging it in the night before and leaving it overnight wil give you a full charge for a day of flying. Hope this helps.

Lee

For the sim you need the radio turned off. The sim cable switches it on. I think it runs off the batteries because if you take them out it will not work.
The radio has a low voltage alarm which i,m guessing is 4.8V When you switch it on, it will beep at you and the voltage will flash. I would put it on charge before it gets below 5V.

gravybird

Could regular AA batteries replace the ones that come in the dx6i in a pinch? Or are the voltages different?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yes they can. I do sometimes.. If you have backlight mods or something you probably shouldn't depending on the mod.. But apart from that, you will just have a starting voltage of 6 volts... And will last a bit longer.

I lost my spektrum batteries way way back. I use my own rechargeables. Spektrum batteries are nothing special. :)

Tony

Staff member
As Gaba stated, you can run Alkaline batteries in the Tx. Rechargables are 1.2 volts, and Alkaline are 1.5 volts, but the Tx is good to 6 volts, so no worries there.

Tony

Staff member
lmao, I wake up and make a post, and that's what happens. It's fixed now though :biggrin1:. I'm also making a lot of changes to the forum, so I was bouncing back and forth between 3 different windows lmao. Ah the joys of owning a forum! hahaha

gravybird

just to add.. It is very easy to replace the antenna on the dx6i, it even comes with the wire inside. The whole thing was only 12 bucks, and took 2.6 minutes to change:)

bearfoot

Don't mean to move the subject, I had to walk away a bit , I reset my DX6I and started to rebuld my HK, went to get servos right 1ST thing I did was get m y throllle right i used the reverse for this, 2nd I went to swash mix, got my left and right done, and now the throttle is wrong , what did I not do?
I did this in 4 places Bearfoot IF I did this wrong Please tell me

Top Bottom