500 Derek's Trex 500 swash plate NOT level after leaving LHS

Derek

Yeah, the temperatures dropped and it got windy here, too. I'm gonna try but if I don't feel right about it, I'm gonna wait.

Derek

With today being Mother's Day, my day was spent with my mother, my step mother, and my mother-in-law. Didn't have any time to try out the 500. I'm working both Monday and Tuesday, so I'll be looking to take my 500 out to check for blade tracking as well as gyro settings. Tony gave me a great base line to start with on the gyro so we'll have to wait and see.

Derek

I was thinking about my throttle curves being:

0,35,75,75,75. In normal mode
85,85,85,85,85 in idle up 1
95,95,95,95,95 in idle two

My pitch curves being:
45,47.5,50,75,75 in all three modes.

I don't need to consider negative pitch right now.

Whaychya think?

It's funny coming from down under and using C instead of F in temp.
I read the comment of it being 41 and windy, i'm sitting here thinking, damn that's warm!!
then realised that no that's meant to be freaking cold! haha
sorry just made me chuckle cos of the natural way I think

Derek

Lol, yeah, 41 degrees C would be nice and warm, but 41 degrees F with 15mph+ winds is awfully chilly.

Tony

Staff member
You can't use half numbers on the DX8. Do a pitch curve of 46 48 50 75 100 in normal mode. IU1, IU2 and Hold, use a linear curve.

Tony

Staff member
T-Curves look fine. 75% is pretty high, but will be pretty stable if you can get past the sound lol. That is the curve that I suggest for most of the new pilots that need the stability. But a side effect is the head speed.

Either way, you should be in good shape with those settings.

Derek

I will be off work both Wednesday and Thursday. My wife is off tomorrow, so I will have my awesome camera person.I will see about getting her out to record some plane flying and 500 test hovering.

Tony

Staff member
go out and get some video and i will tell you if you are doing it right. do it now, go, NOW!!!!

Derek

Settle down there, big chief! I'm at work for another 2 hours. Ain't gonna be no flying or hovering until later today. Lol.

Top Bottom