500 Derek's Trex 500 swash plate NOT level after leaving LHS

Westy

LEGEND
I would have thought the key feature of the DX8 is the ability to import model files? ... well I amd sure someong here must have a running config that can be used as a base to speed up the process and all that needs to be done is the sub trims and trims and end points all reset to std, then the swash revelled & CCPM endpoints done .... should only take about 10 minutes since everything is done.

and of course re check your 0 pitch ... and pitch range (may need your swash raising or lowering....

Derek

That is the question of the day, to be sure, Lee! In all honesty, at the time that I wanted to get it all setup, no one was online at the time and I wanted it done. Figuring that I'd be able to get it done quickly, I took my 500 and my DX8 to the hobby shop for help. Now, due to my haste...my heli is sitting on the shelf waiting on me.

Lesson learned!

- - - Updated - - -

I would have thought the key feature of the DX8 is the ability to import model files? ... well I amd sure someong here must have a running config that can be used as a base to speed up the process and all that needs to be done is the sub trims and trims and end points all reset to std, then the swash revelled & CCPM endpoints done .... should only take about 10 minutes since everything is done.

and of course re check your 0 pitch ... and pitch range (may need your swash raising or lowering....

Well, since it's my time to learn, I want to start from the beginning. Using someone else's existing file would speed things up, but I want to know how to do this myself. I'll get it worked out this weekend. Hopefully I don't get mandated to work.

john2012

Banned
yep dude76 my 450 I did get my servos corrected and all working right now just need to check my blade tracking but is has not shake when I spool up and I have my dx8 set pretty good may need help with my expo settings,hope you get your problem solved soon good luck

Westy

LEGEND
good for you.... I am sure you will sort it .... there are hundreds of helpers here to get you over the line! Go TEAM RC-HELP!

john2012

Banned
and I have all the parts for my 400 alpha heli that got from banana hobby and putting this together with spectrum rx an tx if it brakes this time im going to have target practice with it

john2012

Banned
got to say this in subtrims set them all back to 0 on a e and p im thinking this will bring you back to a level again

Tony

Staff member
No one has learned anything by just downloading a file. And, you can never fully trust the files that are out there. Saying that all files are good is like saying all info on the internet is "truth". I never trust it.

Derek, we will get it going. It's intimidating at first, but it will all come to you once you do it a few times. I don't care if I have to call your wife when you are sleeping and have her "Gibbs" slap you awake, you will get this :biggrin1:

Derek

Well, that would suck! My wife watches NCIS all the time. She's probably real good a the "Gibbs" slap, lol.

Derek

Ok....awesome news! I did NOT get mandated to work this weekend. Yes, the extra money is nice, BUT I DONT WANNA BE THERE THIS WEEKEND!!! lol

That being the case, I'll be working on my 500 (and probably a few other things, as always). I think I've said this before, I do have an all metal head that I'll be putting on my 500. Since I'll have the stock head removed from the 500 anyway, it just seems like the perfect opportunity to make the upgrade. Yes, it's still a flybar, but hey...that's life!

I'll be taking the entire metal head apart this afternoon and cleaning all the bolts and lock-titeing everything...just to be sure.

Tony...just let me know when is good for you to help me with this. Either leave a comment here or text me. If you do just text me, it will be the "312" number, not the "483" number.

until then....

Tony

Staff member
It was my pleasure bro! Just hope it flies as easy as it was to setup! Doesn't need to be said, but we MUST HAVE VIDEO!!!!!!

Derek

Yeah, the setup went really well. I learned alot. I just hope that I absorbed it, lol. It just cracks me up that you were able to help me out from several hundred miles away via Skype cam. Just awesome!!

I will be sure to take a chair or small table that I can set my phone on or maybe my Dad will be available tomorrow to take video, but I will get video for sure.

Wish me luck!!!

oh...and I'll try the higher "C" rating on the charger, too

Last edited:

Derek

Best of luck dude! I am sure it will go well!

Thanks Westy! I'm hoping!

On the sim...I am 150% fearless. Real life.....way different story....but I'll give it a go. I'm awfully tired of this 500 just sitting on the shelf, lol.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Looking good Derek! Hope the weather there is better than here. We had to take all the hanging plant baskets down cause its so windy and about 41 outside! Hmmmm

Top Bottom