Projects Derek's RCH Edge 540 v2

Tony

Staff member
Looked good from what we could see of it. One thing to mention to your dad, zoom when filming helicopters or airplanes is a very bad idea unless you have some kind of tripod setup, or shoulder mount for the camera to keep it steady. It's best to just leave it zoomed all the way out. Otherwise, nice filming.

Derek

Thanks Tony! Despite the high wind gusts, the plane flew very well with the new push rods. Still need to work on the Dual Rates and Expo settings but I love this plane...bottom line. I'd like to have this plane on a calmer day. Should make for some great flying.

Dad, on the other hand, felt bad because of the poor video. I told him not to worry about it. Neither of us are professionals and I just enjoyed having him there. We'll work on the camera zoom and no zoom, lol.

Tony

Staff member
Jordan-"I have lost it"...

In more ways than one hahahahaha :poke:

Some great flying there. I think you need to do more flying close in. Your wife was about to knock you in the back of the head because you were flying too far away lol.

Derek

I don't like flying close, especially when I have spectators...especially when that spectator is my wife. When I'm flying alone, I do tend to fly a bit closer. I told my wife, when we were dating, that I'd keep her happy and I'd keep her safe. I just don't fly close when she is around.

Tony

Staff member
That is why you fly slow :biggrin1:

I'm going to get you into flying slow and harrier'ing around hehe.

Derek

it's definitely something that I need to work on. With my plane, slow flying is very twitchy on the ailerons. It seems like it wants to fall over and I'm constantly fighting it. I love to fly my motor glider slow but I'm not fighting it all the time.

Any suggestions? Would it help if I shared my settings? Dual Rates and all?

Tony

Staff member
I run my plane at 45º on all of the control surfaces. My expo is at about 45-55% with 100% throws. I'm only running about 20% expo on 50% DR. If the plane is wing rocking when going slow, you may want to check the balance of the plane from side to side. As long as the wings are straight, it shouldn't do that too bad.

Top Bottom