Quad CC3D FC Question

Tony

Staff member
All that matters is you got it going! Now all we need is video (you saw that coming, right? lmao.

WyDiablo

I now know the reason it did not work all those other times. I can't hear hardly at all so in the out put section I would slide all 4 motors over to the right. I would then connect the battery and before the esc's would finish the beeps I would pull the sliders to the left and then disconnect the battery. The esc's never got a complete calibration. I ended up having my wonderful pretty wife ;) to listen for the esc beeps (She has perfect hearing) and that's how I got it to working correctly.

Tony

Staff member
That would do it! Too much heavy metal in your life huh? lol. Yup, if I keep it up, I will be right there with you.

Lee

Why did you have to calibrate the ESC like that?
In the GCS setup wizard, you just press start, plug in the quad, and press stop. Thats the calibration done.

WyDiablo

The esc's did not calibrated when I did that process

- - - Updated - - -

Yea Tony basic training and AIT along with other training and 18 months in Vietnam does many things to a person.

WyDiablo

Well my very first maiden was fantastic and far as a stable and level flight. It moved around some but no problem. Now my maiden #2 flight was a total different story I have a video of that flight and in a while I will post the maiden #3 of the corrections I made to keep it from doing what it did in the maiden #2. See if you can figure out what went wrong my so "DUH" sometimes.
[video=youtube_share;0pZGzGWzYEw]https://youtu.be/0pZGzGWzYEw[/video]

WyDiablo

Well the flipping problem was caused by me putting a 6" prop on the 250 that had (3) 5" props. Those do not work together all that great and the quad was sitting next to a pile of 5" and 6" props which now I have separated. This video shows how mice it flies with the correct props. I have just finished putting the fpv camera on the quad and tomorrow I will see what the fpv video looks like (Lots of vibes probably).
[video=youtube_share;FAdVeG6KD4A]https://youtu.be/FAdVeG6KD4A[/video]

WyDiablo

Thanks Lee, I'm still trying to figure the throttle out. Can't seem to keep the quad at a given height. It might be because of the flight mode I was in at the time (Flight mode #1), Today I will try FPV and I know it will have vibes but I don't know how bad lol.

WyDiablo

Well I wanted to do some more test flying today and after getting the quad air born it did a flip and crashed. Still running the default PID numbers and have not changed anything. So after making sure nothing was broke I did another flight and flew longer without any problems until I landed. This time I made sure that all the props were the same size before I flew. Any suggestions on the flipping part?

Stambo

Bad vibrations and poorly tuned PIDs can cause all sorts of instabilities.
Same thing can make it difficult to maintain altitude.

WyDiablo

I think I found the cause for the flip. I had me gain adjustment set to LS switch and right after that flight I saw that the switch had been pushed downward and it was almost to the bottom. So I went into the CC3D program and removed the gain setting form that switch. And now after several flights I have not had nay problems.

Top Bottom