Quad CC3D FC Question

Tony

Staff member
In that case, I would pull the wires just to be save. It's not going to take 2a to power the FC so you should be fine there.

WyDiablo

I think I might have found the problem of why my first CC3D would not work correctly. I down loaded a picture from "Open Pilot" of the "Receiver Connector" and the wire connections are different. For motor #1 it should be black, red and white. But the connector I got the white for motor #1 is about #4 slot. Below are pictures of the connectors and the way they are laying is the way they insert into the receiver slot.
View attachment 14819View attachment 14820

WyDiablo

In the program where each motor is tested for lowest spin up everything worked and the motors spun at a fairly low scale. But in the out put section I have to move the sliders to almost 3/4 throttle before they will spin. Also in the tx calibration where I move the sticks to check for reversing my throttle will move upward to full throttle but will not move all the way down to zero. Any suggestions?

WyDiablo

I ran the complete program again and that fixed my throttle. But that also screwed up my pitch and roll. Now when you give it full pitch in the tx calibration it will either go left roll or right roll. Then you give it roll and it will go full pitch or back to center.

Update: I went thru the program again and everything checks out correctly. But when I try to test the quad without the program I don't have motor spin up.

EyeStation

What a frustrating mess, eh? That was a great catch with the connector wiring. Not sure why you are having those further problems though.

WyDiablo

I removed the red wire from esc #3, #4 and #5 and I ran the quad thru the CC3D Open Pilot program and everything works now according to the program. But when not connected to the pc I can't get the motors to spin up. I also downloaded the clean flight configurator zip file and after unzipping the file it did not contain a software program for the clean flight. I have looked every where and can't find the application file for the software program. I have the driver, firmware and the bin file but not the software.

WyDiablo

Thanks I did find the clean flight app. After going back into the program I found that I had my arming set to roll right instead of yaw right. The motors now spin but only at about 3/4 throttle and I have one that lags behind the rest.

Tony

Staff member
If it's only 3/4 throttle, it's not seeing full throttle from your Tx. There should be somewhere in the program to set endpoints in the Tx to the software/FC

WyDiablo

I have my endpoints in the tx at -125 to +125. I don't think I have seen a place in the software to set the end points for the throttle. But I will get back into the program and see if I can find something

WyDiablo

If I can't get these 2 CC3D FC going I will get a naza lite to replace them and then trash the CC3D

Update: The best motor spin up that I'm getting now is about 1/2 throttle now.

Last edited:

WyDiablo

I have not yet installed clean flight on my CC3D. I"m going to give the open pilot a chance first. I just wish I could get my throttle down a little more than about half throttle. Or is half throttle normal for a CC3D?

Lee

Go to the input menu.
With TX on, move the throttle stick.
Does the slider go all the way up to the top?

WyDiablo

And I thought that Open Pilot was bad. Opening the clean flight program is says I'm running an older version of clean flight and I try to connect and it tells me that it can't "Failed to open the port". This is after I flashed the board with the ".bin file". I really think I screwed up by going with the 250 quads group really too damn hard to get things together. Always something jumps up and causes a stumble.

Tony

Staff member
Did you install the drivers? You need to install a serial converter. If you are like me, you need the driver for the cleanflight AND you will need the FTDI drivers. Let me see if I can get the files for you so you can run cleanflight.

Tony

Staff member
Here are the 3 files you need. If you have flashed with cleanflight already, you don't need the .bin file (You did install the .bin file, right?). If this doesn't work, then we need to go in and uninstall some drivers and reinstall them with these drivers. I did install these on an X64 system. If you are running an x86, you may need new drivers, but I'm not sure. They may have both versions in them. It will tell you if you don't.

View attachment CleanFlight.zip

WyDiablo

Thanks Tony but I redone the Open Pilot program.
Well guys I don't have a clue as to what happened or what I did. But after running the quad back thru the program it works fine throttle and everything. I was really excited when I spun up the motors with a linear fashion. Thanks for all the help guys.

Top Bottom