Quad CC3D FC Question

WyDiablo

After running thru the open pilot several times I still come done to the same thing. Input warning: System in fail safe or one or more accces. channels not configured correctly. Not all motors spin at the same time or correctly and they only spin at 3/4 throttle. This CC3D is about to exceed the limitations of my medication.

Lee

That Input warning usually indicates that the receiver is not getting power, ie no flight battery connected.

How are you powering your CC3D & receiver?

I flashed a CC3D with Clean flight.
Never got it to work properly, as the controls could not be set to what I wanted. ie mode 2

Last edited:

WyDiablo

I'm running power to the cc3d from the esc's and also the rx. I know its getting power because the indicator light is on and green

Lee

From all the ESCs? Or just one? Which ESCs are they? Do you have a link?
And the RX? This is powered from the CC3D, not the other way around.
You should power it from the Motor 1 only. Remove the red pins from the other 3 ESCs.
I just pop them out of the servo plug, and cover them with a bit of Heat shrink tubing.

Lee

It may have nothing to do with your problem, but its worth a try.
Here is a section from the Open Pilot website.

If you power the flight controller through the servo connectors (utilising the BEC function of the speed controller), the positive power lead from only one ESC is truly necessary. In most cases, all the wires can be left intact and plugged into the board without any problem. If you experience problems with setup or know for a fact that your particular ESC model requires it, you may remove the positive and negative pins from all but one of the ESC servo connectors. In some ESCs (very few, actually), connecting multiple voltage regulators (built in to the ESC's) in parallel could cause problems. Also, in rare cases, connecting multiple ground wires could cause ground loops, so remove the extra ground pins only if experiencing weird problems.

WyDiablo

Lee I see and understand your point of view but here's the crazy thing about this CC3D. Just before I did this setup I had 4 other esc's and motors connected to the same cc3d and after running thru the same program several times I was getting the same results and I had removed the "Red" power wire from all the esc's except motor #1. I had and have checked all the connections at both time to make sure they were correct.

Lee

Sorry, I can't help
I'm sure, that you'll find your answer in the Open pilot Wiki, or if you ask a ? in there forum. It should get you the answer pretty quickly.
Good luck.

Tony

Staff member
Hey bro, did you ever get this figured out? If you are having the exact same issue with two different sets of ESC's, with and without the red wires removed, I would guess the board was bad (cc3d). Let me know if you got it worded out.

WyDiablo

Yea, I also think its my cc3d because it does the same thing using 4 different motors and esc's. I will order a new cc3d, naza 32 or a KK as soon as I can get my left hand back in working order. Right now I can only look and wonder about how it will fly lololol.

WyDiablo

I just ordered a new CC3D FC yesyerday and it should be here by the end of this week. By then I hope to try and program it and with a little luck it just might turn out right. The last time I tried 4 different motors and esc's and got pretty much the same results at the end with both. I would have a motor or two to starts but I'd have to give 3/4 throttle before any thing happened. During radio calibration everything went as normal.

Tony

Staff member
Wish you the best of luck. I would pull all red and black wires on all but one of the ESC's. But I'm sure you already know this lol

WyDiablo

I saw a diagram where they showed 3 or 4 ways of connecting the esc's to the CC3D but I can't find it now. Dennis Baldwin made a video of CC3D setup with the red wires connected. I have also read the open pilot for the CC3D and I understand about using only one esc tp power the CC3D. I will try both ways and see what happens maybe they both will work just fine who knows. Below is a link to his video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKMOifCn_xA

Tony

Staff member
If you are unsure about your ESC's, I would only use one wire. If they have switching BEC's, then you definitely want to take out 3 of the red wires. But I would go even further and take the black wires out as well. But it all depends on if your ESC is switching or not. Mine are not and it's working fine with all 4 plugged in.

Top Bottom