1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Projects Canadair Ct114 Tutor Build

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by wasfixedwing, Jul 5, 2019.

< Weird flying machine. | Thunder Tiger Super Decathlon - Glow To Electric Conversion >
  1. wasfixedwing

wasfixedwing New Member

Tony. Yes and no. How's that for non commital? The picture of the nose gear in the first post on the fuselage shows the linkage from the rudder servo pretty good. Notice that the linkage from the servo to the gear connects to a black 2-56 sleeve that slides back and forth on the rod. When the rudder servo moves nothing happens other than the sleeve slides back and forth on the rod. Now as the gear comes down, the linkage clevis rotates on the sleeve and when the gear is all the way down, the rod is vertical, the sleeve now becomes a control horn and servo now moves the nose gear when the rudder is moved. This all came with the retract assy. All I had to do was make up the push rod from the servo to the black sleeve.

Don

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Ah okay, gotcha. I did see it pivot on that piece, but was unsure if it slid up and down the rod. Cool deal and some fantastic engineering from those who created it.

3. wasfixedwing

wasfixedwing New Member

Nose gear doors. I'm using 1/16 plywood. Pic. 1 is the fuselage marked where the foam is going to be relieved for the hinge mount. Pic. 2 is the fuselage after the trusty hot wire cutter, set to 1/6", has cut the foam. Pic. 3 and 4 show the 3/4" square pine used to make the form for bending the plywood. I used the foam cut from the fuselage to transfer the profile to the form. The screws are to hold the nose of the doors in place when the plywood is bent back. Pic. 5 two pieces of plywood, 3/4" x 6 5/8", are cut and put into water to soak for a couple of days. Pic. 6 the wet plywood is screwed down on the nose and pulled back, tie raped and put aside for another couple of days to dry out. Pic. 7 the doors are dry and hatch hinges epoxied to the doors and the mount. Pic.8 test fitting the door assy. Pic. 9 servo bay cover installed, nose gear doors installed, push rods attached and everything works as per plan. Pic 10. The servo bay. Very top is the right door servo. Next down, the elevator servo, next down, the receiver mount, next down, the rudder and nose wheel servo and the last is the left door servo. Sorry for the fuzzy picture. Pic. 11 The horizontal stabilizer and linkage cover glued in place and the rear light installed.
    I got good news today. My canopy will be ready for pickup on Friday. Now I can mke the cockpit. Just what I need, more uncharted waters.

Don

IMG_1109.JPG IMG_1146.JPG IMG_1128.JPG IMG_1129.JPG IMG_1130.JPG IMG_1131.JPG IMG_1147.JPG IMG_1149.JPG IMG_1155.JPG IMG_1156.JPG IMG_1154.JPG

4. Tony

Very nice.

5. wasfixedwing

wasfixedwing New Member

Tony.

Thank you.

6. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Disable
    Absolutely an excellent job your doing there waxfixedwing. Loving it. Keep the pics. coming :).

7. wasfixedwing

wasfixedwing New Member

Thanks D.O.G..
    What's the ferrits name?

Don

8. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Disable
    Stinky. He thinks he's a dog. He eats dog food, treats, drinks proteins shake and loves Doritos. Strange dude.

9. wasfixedwing

wasfixedwing New Member

It's Friday and the canopy is here plus two bonuses. Pic. 1. I set the canopy on the fuselage to see. In person it really makes the plane look like a Tutor. The canopy is a little longer and a little deeper on the sides. This is good because, now, I can tweak it to fit my build. Bonus one. Pic 2. The lens for the nose light. It was unknown at the time if the plug could still pull a good lens. As far as I'm concerned, it is perfect. Bonus two. He gave me 13 pages of blue prints, 1/4 scale, for placement of decals from the real aircraft.
    I have sourced the decals for the AETE version in Germany. They are in stock and I can have them ten days after placing my order. Posts may be slow in coming now.
    I'm in uncharted waters. Along with the canopy, I'm going to attempt a represenitive cockpit.

Don

IMG_1157.JPG IMG_1158.JPG

10. Tony

Wow, the fact that you were able to get the blueprints is awesome! Can't wait for more updates on this, and that canopy looks awesome!

11. wasfixedwing

wasfixedwing New Member

Thanks Tony.
    I'm glad I took your suggestion. When I started, I had no idea as to what response I would get. So, I thought I would try to tell the story as if myself and my friend, who doesnot know a joystick from a trim wheel, were sitting down with a couple of beers and I'm describing to him what I'm doing. I never would have thought there would be
    such an interest. Wow, 630 some views. A big shout out and thank you to those taking the time to read the project.

Don

< Weird flying machine. | Thunder Tiger Super Decathlon - Glow To Electric Conversion >