1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Projects Canadair Ct114 Tutor Build

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by wasfixedwing, Jul 5, 2019.

< Weird flying machine. | Motro Recommendation For Rc-help Trainer >
  1. wasfixedwing

wasfixedwing Member

Thanks D.O.G.
    Regards Stinky

Don

2. wasfixedwing

wasfixedwing Member

I didn't think I would have anything to pass on until paint. But there is still a lot of little things going on. I've been working on getting a better cockpit fit. Working towards a fit that looks like a proper seam, rather than a crack. Same thing with the nose gear doors. I decided to completely redo them. The gap was way to big when they were closed and the nose gear strut was contacting the right side gear door control horn. I want the nose wheel on the center line. This meant the retract assy had to be installed to the right of center. It was, but, a 1/16" to far right. Not fun. As the nose gear support had to be redrawn and reinstalled 1/16" to the left. The door assy will now be made from .080" styrene. Next problem. How do you glue nylon to styrene? Internet search. Surehold SH-302 Plastic Surgery super glue. It is made to glue many dissimilar materials, including nylon. I should have it next week. Next modification. I weighed the plane. In theory it is ready for flight. All up weight except for paint, 6.93lb. Double the proposed weight from when the project started. I checked with my painter and he says we will add 6oz more with paint. All up weight now is 7lb 6oz. Time to repower. The 70mm fan will only put out 3lb 12oz under ideal conditions. I have found a 80mm 12 blade unit that puts out 3.5kg (7lb 11oz) of thrust. I've also found you tube video of thrust tests showing this. The fan unit should be here at the end of the month. Later I'll post pictures of the changes. BTW I have a 70mm fan unit and ESC for sale.

Don

< Weird flying machine. | Motro Recommendation For Rc-help Trainer >