Quad Building My First Quad

bigone5500

After looking at props, it came to mind that there are many styles available. How does one type affect flight compared to another such as regular props and bull nose; two blade and three blade?

Derek

I'm not sure that any quad frame would be wrong to put a 6S setup on. The thing is....in a crash....it's possible for something to break even on a 3S setup. So, the frame choice is still up to you.

As for props....I've tried 3 blade 5" props on my ZMR and I just didn't like them. The two blade props give the quad a more "locked in" feeling. I've used regular style quad props and they do work very well. Although, I do very much like the 5045 and 6045 DAL bullnose props.

On the other hand....I have a Holybro Shuriken 180 quad. It's a great lil quad and it comes with 3 blade 4" props. I've tried two blade props and four blade props......the three blade props just work better.

So, my point is this.....in regard to the props....it's gonna be a "trial and error" deal for you. Some you will like, some you won't. I'd suggest buying a set of 4 props of one style and a set of 4 props of another style and just try them out. When you start running a 6S pack, be sure to monitor your motor and esc temperatures.

bigone5500

I did a little research and it turns out that the bull nose props are heavier but are better for 'punch out'. They have more surface area and can push more air than tapered ones.

Tony

Staff member
They are also quite a bit louder as well.

I just shot a little video where I mentioned you specifically in it. Let me get it edited, rendered and uploaded and we will see what you think.

bigone5500

Thanks Tony. I'm really adamant about having certain features on this quad but things can change between now and then.

Tony

Staff member
No worries, just proofing the video now. It will be on the channel sometime tonight.

Derek

Yes, the bullnose props are a bit louder. I didn't think about that, lol. Personally, I like the sound that comes from the bullnose props, as the quad goes screaming passed me.

Tony

Staff member
Just wait until you hear these props. I will fill in more on the post I will create for this little quad.

Tony

Staff member
I'm absolutely loving this quad, that's for sure. And if I had Google Fiber like @callsign4223, the video would already have been uploaded lmao. About 1.6Gb is the file size on this one. Mainly because I shot this one at 60fps since I was using a 140º lens on my camera. Either way, it is uploading and should be done sometime soon.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Tony. Seems like your getting into the mini quad a little bit more and liking it better then the micro Huh. I'm waiting on the video too :)

Tony

Staff member
Video is done uploading and I'm inserting all of the links for the quad, goggles, camera and stuff in there as well as adding the end screens.

As for liking them, I guess it is flying, but I still dont' really like them much. I think they are just too easy to fly. But members and subscribers are flying them, so I might as well do videos on them. Just wish I had a wide open space to really open this thing up. Damn it's fast lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have to agree with you there Tony. They are easy to fly but fun. Still they wont replace the sound, power and the challenge of flying helis. Just my opinion.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Good lord that quad is quick. That has no problem moving right alone. For a person that not to fond of quads, you did a excellent job flying it :)

bigone5500

I'm thinking of going with a 2207 ~2300KV motor. What are a couple dependable brand motors out there? I see Emax a lot.

bigone5500

I think that is what I will put in my quad. I really like the specs. It's everything I want. It even has a DVR that records at 1080p/60fps if I read it right.

Top Bottom