450 Building my first! - Align T-Rex 450 Pro V2 3GX

murankar

Staff member
Good flying bro. It took me a month or till I took off the training gear and as it just so happens I have them back on. Tell ya what doing better than me at this point in the game. I think that gyro is cheating, :lol: .

Tony

Staff member
that gyro is the only way to go lmao. And nice catch on the blade grips, most people would over look that.

stokke

Good flying bro. I think that gyro is cheating, :lol: .

Thanks, Matthias.

Based on my "research" up to this point, I also was under the impression that learning to fly should be hard. But while reading about learning to fly, people are usually talking about flybar birds. My point being that simulator training is almost directly transferable to a FBL bird, but not quite to the FB birds. But sure, if I had to learn the hard way first, then see newbies flying on their first day, I would surely call it cheating too :D LOL

But I must say, the 3GX is a sweet piece of tech.

murankar

Staff member
I have to admit flybared versions are harder to control. You need to be on top of the sticks the whole time it's in the air. Right now I am wishing I had more batteries, 3 is not enough. Make sure you have ample batteries so you can enjoy your flights longer. Today I was venturing into left side is hovering and was getting more confident towards the end of the last battery and now I have one more to charge.

I think I am going to get some sim time in right now.

stokke

Right now I am wishing I had more batteries, 3 is not enough. Make sure you have ample batteries so you can enjoy your flights longer.

I have 2 batteries at the moment. Because I tend to get more confident the longer I fly, I will not get more batteries any time soon, because with over-confidence comes failure. I was out flying with my friend as a spectator today, I was a little apprehensive at first, but got more confident towards the end of my second battery.

Man, I gotta tell you, even with my dull setup the bird's quite responsive - I foresee many hours behind the sticks this summer :)

Bruno

I am also building a 450 PRO V2 3GX. However, I am using a Spektrum DX6I and a Spektrum AR6210 Rx. It is not clear to me how you connected your ESC to the 3GX and your AR8000. Do you have pics of the wiring/connection of the ESC power transfer connection between the 3GX and your receiver? It seems the ESC would be connected to the 3GX THR port but then it's not clear how you get power to the Rx.?

I appreciate any direction. Thanks.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The power transfers through you servo wires! When you run wires from the 3gx gyro to the rx the power transfers through those wires!

Bruno

Oh...that would be so cool. That is how I thought it might work. The fact that the wires from the 3GX to the AR6210 are single wires I was confused as to how the receiver would be powered. I am hesitant to fire it up with the battery until I am confident the connections are correct.

Thanks.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Like I read in anouther post. Look at Adam's post on the rc-help 450 he just set his up with the dx6i if you pm him I'm sure he can help you out! I'm not nolligable on the wiring!

pavotibio

... If you apply some paste to the connector and the wire prior to soldering them together, it will flow together and over the two pieces and make them look like they are joined solid, instead of creating a bubble that sort of encases them.

I made this mistake (putting some flux first) and yeah, the results were as you described. I´m glad I saw what you posted, I can still correct the sodering.
Thanks and cheers.

Semie

@ Stokke, your thread inspired me to join this community mate, that should also be said for the replies throughout this thread, seems there is a real sense of community here.

Anyway best get back to my 450 build :)

Tony

Staff member
You bet there is a sense of community here. We are all here to help each other. so if there is anything you need help with, just create a thread and we will be there to help.

stokke

@ Stokke, your thread inspired me to join this community mate, that should also be said for the replies throughout this thread, seems there is a real sense of community here.

Anyway best get back to my 450 build :)

Love to hear it mate!

BOKI

Thanks for the nice pictures looks like it would be fun to build your own helicopter! Wish I would have started out that way! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Tony

Staff member
Just cleaned up this thread. If you have a question, please put it in your own thread.

kenny

Brand new to the forum and just want to give a big thanks to both stokke and Tony. Stokke, thanks for the very detailed thread and the pics....Tony, thanks for the video. I am in the process of building a Trex 450 Pro DFC, and this thread and the videos are invaluable!

Ken

Tony

Staff member
I'm glad that we could help out Ken. If there is anything we can do to help out, make a thread in this section and let us know what you need help with.

Top Bottom