450 Budget 450 clone Ordered

murankar

Staff member
You should have two long links that go from the swash to the blade grip swivel assembly. Those two links will give you 0° of pitch at mid stick.

On setup of a fly bar you first start at the swash and level everything to the top of the head. Once everything is level check your pitch at mid stick. If dont have 0 pitch adjust the long links till each blade is at zero.

Next is to set your positive collective pitch to 10 or 11° at full collective. Next drop your collect stick from full throttle to full negative. If your negative pitch reading is different then you will need to adjust the swash height by turning the swash to servo linkage rod ends equally on all three.

Most of the setup will be in mechanical. The only radio adjustments you should be making is setting the swash afr for positive collective. Every time you adjust the swash height you will need to recheck the positive pitch.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
Keep in mind that kit may have some inconsistencies in quality. Even in a top shelf brand kit you will have some variance in manufacturing. If tour off by no more than a half a degree you should be fine.

At first just worry about everything being level through the full collective range. Once thats done then go and zero the blades at mid stick. Fix any inconsistencies the best you can. If you have a flybar lock use it, if not YouTube has videos on how to make one on the cheap. When you feel confident everything's level go and do you collective settings. Ensure all trims are zeroed.

sarconastic

I must have just been tired the other night, went in today and rechecked everything and it was dead on. I set it up at 10 - 0 and -10 and the CCPM is spot on as well. The problem I am running into now is the Pitch curve. I would like to set it with 1-2 degrees of Negative pitch at low throttle. but have to set level 1 pitch to about 53 percent on the radio which makes level 2 ans 3 raise as well since they are over the 50 threshold. My problem here is that if I decide to do 3d Idle up this will not be a good mix. Unless I land, switch to idle up then take off again.

So what would cause me to have to add so much curve up front. Is it that I only put 10 degrees in?

Thanks

Woody

murankar

Staff member
Your curve for normal mode should be something like 45 47.5 50 75 100, if you have a DX6i style radio. ID1 should be 0 25 50 75 100.

sarconastic

I understand what it should be, but if you check it with the pitch gauge it isn't enough, according to Bobs videos. If I want only 1-2 degrees of negative pitch I have to go all the way up to 50+ percent. Otherwise I risk from the understanding of the videos...."drilling the heli into the ground" if I pull the throttle all the way back as I do on a FP heli. That is the part I don't understand. I am currently using my FlySky SFS-T6 my Dx6i should be here today. Maybe it is just a radio thing not sure. I guess since I am not flying 3D right now it really doesn't matter, but I want everything set up correctly.

Woody

murankar

Staff member
Thats why i mentioned with dx6i type radios. My th9x on stock firmware i have the almost the same thing as a dx6i. On er9x my firmware is closer to futaba or dx8 with the use of negative numbers.

In order for me to get close to -1 or -2 i need to be around -30 or -20. If you have the dx6 standard settings you should be fine.

If your still chopping the throttle you really need to break that habit on ccpm style helis. The normal setup is more for keeping the heli on the ground during spool up and if you do have an issue it reduces damage. Throttle hold should be your first reaction and managing collective should be the second action.

Some experienced pilots like a full linear curve. This is so they can auto while in normal mode. Also pitch ranges may vary from radio to radio so experiment with what works for you. All those numbers are for is starting points. If they work great thats less work for you, if not just make the needed adjustments.

sarconastic

I just had an AHA moment, thanks Murankar. Throttle hold is what I need to do. I was just out flying my MCPx and that makes so much sense now. It is hard to know what your explaining until you fly a CCPM heli for the first time. But I am going to set up my 450 on the new DX6i I just got and see what happens with that. Just got the receiver tonight and will set it up this week. I really like the features of the DX6i and think it will work better. My boy will probably get the Flysky to use on his Helis. And probably the V912 now too.

Woody

murankar

Staff member
Glad you discovered your solution. Any time you need it just ask.

Throttle hold should have a 0 25 50 75 100 curve. This is how you'll be able to auto when you kill the motor. Another way to run your setup is to disconnect the motor from the esc and use your ID1 or ID2 settings. If you choose the latter for setup just make sure throttle hold has the linear curve for pitch.

Top Bottom