250 Blade 300x and a 3gx..... Has anyone tried this?

Lcrrick

I have bought a blade 300x without an AR7200bx. Not on purpose mind you it was a online sale that was poorly represented. I have a 3gx and would love to put it together with the 300x. Has anyone tried this? I have mounted it and found it much harder and more confusing than it seemed? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Lcrrick

Oops forgot to mention tx. Spectrum dx7s. I have a spektrum satellite plugged into the 3gx. Great set up vids. By the way!

Tony

Staff member
Good deal, it makes it a little more simple having a 7+ channel Tx.

Have you watched my setup videos? There is a lot of great info in there that is a lot easier to express in video than in Text.

It can be done. Make sure to set the helicopter to small in the gyro and make sure to put some dampening in there as I state in the videos.

Let us know exactly what issues you are having and we will help you out any way we can.

Lcrrick

Good deal, it makes it a little more simple having a 7+ channel Tx.

Have you watched my setup videos? There is a lot of great info in there that is a lot easier to express in video than in Text.

It can be done. Make sure to set the helicopter to small in the gyro and make sure to put some dampening in there as I state in the videos.

Let us know exactly what issues you are having and we will help you out any way we can.

Well...... 300x and a 3Gx combo. I am at the start, I just bound the radio and the 3Gx, and plugged in the servos (except the rudder) and I cannot seem to get the servos to act accordingly. In other words there is no collective pitch (1 stays and the other 2 move) as well as the Aileron and Pitch seem to be acting all goofy. No real rhyme or reason compared to stick movement. I have tried to reverse them. with little change. I guess I am at a loss as to which servo is which since the elevator is in the front of the main shaft that in combo with collective needing to be reversed that of a Trex ( Blade 300x= down collective to go up and up collective to go down) I AM CONFUSED. I still need to zero the servos but I was hoping for a small "win" and have the servos moving in the correct direction. Thoughts or things to try?

Tony

Staff member
Turn your helicopter off, then turn your Tx off. Push the TOP of the roller and hold it as you turn the DX7s on. This will put you into the System setup menu. Make sure you are on the model that you want to be in and scroll down to Swash Type. Set it to 120º 3 servo.

When looking at the helicopter from the back (tail towards you) the right servo is aileron, left is pitch (aux1) and the center (or front) is elevator. Make sure you have them plugged into the 3GX in this orientation.

Let me know if that gets them all working.

pvolcko

Interesting thread. I've thought about picking up a cheap 3GX and throwing it on my 300X just to get some experience setting up the 3GX. Looking forward to what unfolds and how it flies.

Tony

Staff member
Once in the air, I can get this thing as stable as a larger helicopter. It's just getting it off the ground.

Lcrrick

That was the largest step in the right direction. The Aileron input is backwards, but at least the three servos are going in the same direction for the first time. I look at this as a win. Thanks for the help. I will center the servos and do a bit of rd-help video watching and see if that sheds any light on the backward controls. A big thanks for the help so far.

BAdair

You may know this already but I'll throw it out there anyway.
The 300x is a Trailing edge design so swash moves DOWN for Positive pitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Duh.... I just re-read your post and see you already knew that..lol

Lcrrick

I have looked around at some of the videos. I can't seem to find what I need to know. I have the 3gx plugged in and working. All the servos are going in the right direction.... except for the Aileron, Which is backwards. Any words of wisdom? I have tried to reverse them that screws up way more than if fixes.

murankar

Staff member
Are you reversing in the radio or the software? The reversing should be done in the software and possible while in dir mode.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
I have looked around at some of the videos. I can't seem to find what I need to know. I have the 3gx plugged in and working. All the servos are going in the right direction.... except for the Aileron, Which is backwards. Any words of wisdom? I have tried to reverse them that screws up way more than if fixes.

You need to reverse the aileron in teh swash menu. in a spektrum Tx, you will take the number from +60 to -60.

Lcrrick

Thanks Muranker and Tony. I will use both your advice(s) and see where it takes me. Worked too long today to give either a try. I will let you know the progress!

Cheers for getting back to me so fast.

murankar

Staff member
Tony has done a lot more work with the 3gx than I have, never touched one. I would do what Tony said first then if that fails then look at the software.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lcrrick

Thanks Tony! Reversing those numbers worked perfect! THANKS!!! I had to mess around with those swash numbers to get the pitch to be reversed for the positive pitch/trailing edge for the 300x So I was very familiar. Now I can start the 3Gx set up!

Lcrrick

FRUSTRATION LEVEL 10! Last night I got everything ready to do the setup, All the servos going it the right direction, all the binding lights to be right..... AND THEN
I go back tonight to do the setup and NOTHING no lights on the 3GX at all, No Glimmer of anything tonight..... no bind, no lights at all. DEAD. I bound the heli to another receiver just to see if the ESC went bad and I worked great! Red lining now. maybe some BP medication might help.

HELP!

Tony

Staff member
Did you leave the bind plug in the 3GX by chance? If so, it will not turn on.

Also make sure you are on the correct model in your Tx.

I would set the model in your Tx to what you want, put the bind plug into the 3GX or Rx depending on what setup you are running, and try to bind it again.

Top Bottom