Votes: 2 3.9%
  • AR7200BX

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • 3GX

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

Tony

Staff member
I know there is a thread on this, but I thought I would post up one, and sticky it, that had a poll.

I have 4 gyros in there, and they are the 4 most popular out there. I would like everyone to give their opinion. This will not only help Rc-Help find a new gyro for the RCH 600, but it will help other members as well when they come in here and see the poll if they are working on getting a new gyro themselves.

Tony

Staff member
Kev, this was back in March when I only had the 3GX. I have the AR7200BX on the 600 now and it's solid as a rock. Love it. Will be installing the 3GX on another bird today to test it out.

Slobberdog

Kev, this was back in March when I only had the 3GX. I have the AR7200BX on the 600 now and it's solid as a rock. Love it. Will be installing the 3GX on another bird today to test it out.

Doh, seen it pop up and automatically thought it was a new thread, lol

Tony

Staff member
It's all good. I will (or should) be doing more testing tomorrow on the 600. Installed the new engine and pipe as well as new tail blades after my screw up. She is ready for the air once again. As is my 450 with the 3GX.

Slobberdog

Got to be honest, I need to start playing with the settings in my 3gx, don't get me wrong its quite stable now, but I want it a bit more beginner friendly, not to much info out there in the virtual world on this though,

Was tempted to get the 7200bx unit as I have had some back pay coming, but want to give this 3gx a good chance, just cos I don't know how to get the best out of it YET, don't mean I should just give up on it,

Tony

Staff member
That is exactly why I put this 3GX in the 450. I want to get it stable on stock 2.1 settings, then start playing around with it. Eventually I will upgrade to 3.1 again and play with that.

johnrc

Banned
Can some one tell me what would the best gyro that i can use on my 450 pro to make it rock solid also that will be easy to setup??

- - - Updated - - -

Something that works very well with the spektrum DX8

Slobberdog

Nope the helicommand 3sx and align aps are not the dji naza,

The helicommand or as it's named now Bavarian Demon is possibly the best gyro on the market, xokia has a few of them on his machines and have said they have saved him numerous times,

murankar

Staff member
Keep in mind that there is three different B.D. out there. I can surmise that the mist expensive one has everything that on could want in a gyro. Thing like r.t.h/l. And more telemetry info than you need. So if you looking for hands off stable then make sure you get the right gyro. I don't use these gyros so I can't say what gyro to get. I think the Skookum 720 has a lot of great features also.

PHIL1234

i voted for the 3gx as i have this gyro on my

align trex 250 pro dfc
align trex 450l dominator
align trex 500 pro dfc
align trex 550 dfc
align trex 600 dfc
align trex 700 e dfc

and they are all very stable, i have now got a 450 fbl with the ikon and that is rock solid and after watching tony`s videos was so easy to setup
but i picked the 3gx because its the only i have used till now.

bbj

I don't see any conversation about the iKon but see it has the most votes so far. What do others think about this unit?

Derek

I have the Ikon on my 600 Pro. I stumbled through the initial setup, simply because I'd never messed with an Ikon before. Now, I think the Ikon is an amazing unit and as far as flybarless controllers go, I'll have an Ikon on all my flybarless helicopters. I just want one flybarless controller to deal with. This means the 3gx on my 450 is going to get replaced with an Ikon and my 500 Pro DFC will also have an Ikon. It's just an awesome gyro!!!

USAF_Ret

Well, I have only two experiences with flybarless controllers (3GX for my Trex 250 and the GPRO for the Trex 550L) and the GPRO was by far easier to setup and flies dead perfect. i continue to struggle with the 3GX for the 250 but that could be a factor of size as well. i am trying to get a good deal on another GPRO and then put it into the 250 and see how that works out.

Top Bottom