• NAZA

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • AR7200BX

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • 3GX

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

bbj

I also will change mw 3gx on my Trex 500 pro either with another Ikon or the gpro. I wouldn't mind trying out the gpro just to see the difference

Dirk

I can add the EZNOV Neuron to the list as well. VERY small unit and features a rescue mode with collective pitch. Awesome unit!

murankar

Staff member
Welcome back from the grave. In light of all that is going on the world of gyros this thread should be restarted. Some of the players in the original list have either deprecated or have been superseded by newer models. Ikon/Brain are still front runners while 3GX has been terminated and the BeastX have moved on to newer versions. Out of those three 2 are still strong gyros in the market. We could now look at Spartan, VBar NEO and Spirit as other contenders in this arena.

Should this idea be considered a disclaimer should be added. The disclaimer should address the fact that the best is based on ones needs. All the gyros out there that are name brand (non clone) are great units with each having there own features. For instance VBar Neo; Its by far the industry standard for gyros and now its own radio integration make it a power house of a system. Its down side is the price for the total package. One could look at $1200 price tag for the entire system with firmware upgrades just to get a bail out feature or $1000 for just a basic system.

Tony

Staff member
This Poll was put up March 31 2013. At that time, the Ikon was the new great gyro out there. The BX is right there with it right now as far as I'm concerned but does need a few things to match the Ikon. And now we have all of these other gyro's out there, this poll should be updated lol. In due time.

trainrider06

Thats still a good list though, unless you want to put a poll up for "experienced users" By far my vote would go to the AR7200BX still today for someone new to the hobby, all around from setup to handling I think that it is a notch above the others!
It's fairly easy to set up, and a super stable controller! The other ones someone not used to the online programming those would be a little more daunting I would think...

I have the arb7200x on my 450 and it was easy to setup thanks to Tony and his youtube videos. This coming from an older rc nitr0 heli that started with a shuttle z back in the late 90's.

With that said i have a Trex 500 DFC arriving Thursday with a 3GX in it and a Trex 250 that had been in the shop having them setup the 3GX in it since it looked super complicated. I think im going to get either a Vbar or the new arb7210 for the 550, any feedback would be great.

Tha ks Rod, lol, i get called both.

That looks ideally what im looking for. How is the setup on it? I just looked at the description

Tony

Staff member
Take a look at the new Ikon2 gyros. They have them from small and cheap, to $200 with bluetooth already in them! Fantastic gyros and they just came out!

Smoggie

Yeah, they look really very good. I like that they have different types to suit different sizes of heli. The 'HD' version with a separate high current battery/BEC input connector is ideal for big helis... I see one in my not too distant future.

trainrider06

Tha ks Rod, lol, i get called both.

That looks ideally what im looking for. How is the setup on it? I just looked at the description

It's not too bad, using the wizard it's pretty easy and straight forward. They have an excellent support section if you have problems or want to further tune it better. The guy that moderates the help section is one of the developers of the unit, very nice guy!

trainrider06

On the poll....for a beginner or fairly new person, myself AR7200BX be my choice. Advanced IKon or Spirit Pro. Might aught put on there or have 2 polls maybe? I picked the AR7200BX on that poll.

Smoggie

The AR7200BX is discontinued now so only available second hand or maybe in dealers that have old stock. I think the new AR7210BX is pretty much identical except for the optional 'SAFE' stability upgrade?

But having used the Spirit I honestly don't see any reason why a beginner couldn't use it. Personally I find the PC software user interface far more intuitive that the LED blinking and Tx stick wiggling method of the AR7200/7210.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
On the poll....for a beginner or fairly new person, myself AR7200BX be my choice. Advanced IKon or Spirit Pro. Might aught put on there or have 2 polls maybe? I picked the AR7200BX on that poll.

Same here, AR works fine for me. Easy enough to program without a computer.

Top Bottom