450 Best 450 clone out there.....

Tony and Lee

I have 4 Tower pro 90SEG servos and a Telebee gyro and a Outrunner of of the old TREX. i know you have had HK helis. Is the one for $30.00 04 so hk v2 worth putting these on to keep learning or the EXI. I'll get a Tarot or Align Super combo later.

Lee

It would do. But for $17 more the HK450 GT is far superior and all metal head and tail.

gravybird

Can a person get tarot parts easier/quicker than ordering the bird that comes from hk? I might opt for one of these rather than the align$$$ specially for the first big bird. I guess the habit I am in now is crash my stuff on the weekend, put in my horizon order on Sunday, and my parts are here waiting for me by the next weekend. I would hate to have to wait longer than that:)

Tony

Staff member
Tarot, Chaos, HK and others are knockoffs of Align, so all of them will interchange with each other. Same with EXI. I'm pretty sure there is somewhere here in the states that sells Tarot or Chaos, just not sure who.

gravybird

Ok I can't find one with the google in the US. But I get it... I can replace what I break with align parts that are easily accessible in the US.

Lee

For parts that you need in a hurry, get the locally. But its cheaper to get stuff from Hong Kong. GoGoRC on Ebay have tonnes of Tarot gear. I have used them alot. My last 450 was customized with parts from them. Its going to take longer for postage, but if you're not in a hurry who cares.

I think for a naked frame heli the Tarot is a no brainer but are my cheap electronics worth this align kinda quality bird....HK GT maybe for them or super Tarot combo. Getting paid soon. I need head parts plus a frame for my Blade 400. What should I do.....

Tony

Staff member
As for what you should do, that is going to depend on how deep your pockets are going to be when you get paid. Chaos and Tarot are still clones like the HK, just seems to have a little better quality control.

I could go BIG or go HOME with a Tarot Flybarless combo....Almost $300 with shipping.....This will be my only one for awhile so I gotta make it count...LOL: However I still might be sleeping on the couch. I know you guys have had HK's and If it is set up and built correctly both should fly decent....
My mcpx and blade can be my guinea pigs. i do also have RF sim I use.

Tony

Staff member
you have realflight? you need to get online with me sometime. I try to get on there daily, but I took most of the day off today lol. But of course, I'm on here tonight until I pass out.

On a side note, I'm really looking at that Tarot 450 Pro V2 Super Combo really hard. if I get it, i will be doing videos on it for setup and the usual stuff. So if you care to wait, you will hear my opinion on it lmao. But if you are like me, you dont' want to wait that long hahaha.

However, the super combo is the way to go. you know everything is going to work together...

Tony

Staff member
haha, I was just looking, and you will also need the program box for the gyro. That is another $30. After just selling my DX6i, I'm stretching it pretty thin now... Just have to see how it turns out...

Good advice. By the way. Love the radio...Dutthn....Dutthn...Dutthn, Dutthn,Dutthnn....
Tony Knight. The Lone Crusader to teach us to fly the helicopters.
Sorry too much coffee.....LOL
You sold the purple rider to get a dx8 or something...

Top Bottom