450 Best 450 clone out there.....

I'm looking to get a 450 clone to continue my learning and need opinions...HK, EXI, ALZRC and Tarot. I want one that will be good stock till crashing I guess and fy decent.
Is decent electronics worth it or will cheaper suffice for learning.

Thanks Rob.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Tarot!! Good price! Very good quality !! You wouldn't regret it! :)

I use tarot parts on my align. ;)

Tony

Staff member
From all of the reading I have done here lately (I'm looking for another one lmao, go figure), the Tarot 450 Pro V2 SC is the way to go. It has the best reviews of any of them, has been around a long time, and they are known for their quality. My next heli will be a Tarot if I get my way about it.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Lee, why would you say get the sport and not the FBL 450 Pro V2? Just wondering.

Lee

Because its his first 450. He could go for the FBL, but i think keeping it simple to start might be the way to go.

Tony

Staff member
In my opinion, I think the Pro is much more stable than the sport two piece frame design. It has a more central CoG and is just a more simple and effective design. I say this and I think my favorite heli so far has been the sport model if you don't talk about the 500 I had lmao. I loved that thing.

Tony

Staff member
Yeo the Pro is good too but in Belt version.

:werd:

I forgot you can't get the one I'm thinking about in a belt... I have only seen it in a TT design unless you want to swap around the tails and have both.

So guys, you recommend the belt drive and not the TT? Which flies better and differences....
So I should put decent electronics....My old Trex XL had tower sg90 servos and a telebee Gyro.
Also the old Align blue motor....hmmmmm

Tony

Staff member
When learning, you will not kill the tail when you have a blade strike. TT's are known for breaking gears if you so much as touch a blade of grass with the tail blades lol. And unless you are doing hard core 3D, you will not notice a difference in performance.

Here's what a friend suggested.....

tarot 450 pro barebone kit Electronics : 70 A esc align with softstart or a 35A is also good. A brushless motor any would do, maybe a hyperion one 4400KV! with a 13 tooth pinion. servos I would recomend metal gear servos, all for the same, as you progress the tail servo you could get a faster one but for now at a hovering state or sport flying its perfect setting. gyro i recomend a kds 800 or maybe a turnigy one they are ok.

lipos 11.1v 2200 mah 25C or 30C

I may not be able to get another one if I get this one if I care to keep being fed home made meals.LOL
So I want a decent Heli that will last.....

In the meantime fly my baby(mcpx) and repair the Blade 400 for learning.

Lee

Here's what a friend suggested.....

tarot 450 pro barebone kit Electronics : 70 A esc align with softstart or a 35A is also good. A brushless motor any would do, maybe a hyperion one 4400KV! with a 13 tooth pinion. servos I would recomend metal gear servos, all for the same, as you progress the tail servo you could get a faster one but for now at a hovering state or sport flying its perfect setting. gyro i recomend a kds 800 or maybe a turnigy one they are ok.

lipos 11.1v 2200 mah 25C or 30C

I may not be able to get another one if I get this one if I care to keep being fed home made meals.LOL
So I want a decent Heli that will last.....

In the meantime fly my baby(mcpx) and repair the Blade 400 for learning.

70A ESC is a bit over the top and will add a lot of weight.
4400KV!!!!! with a 13T Pinion!!!! You'll be lucky to get 3 mins flying with that power house
I would look for something around 3700KV and for hovering and longer flight times a 11T pinion is great.

I'm looking at the super-combo I think. Yay. I'm going to get my parts to fix my Blade 400 and MCPX.
I know his set up is too much......Where's my coffee??

Lee

Thanks dude, and thanks for subscribing. There will be a tonne more videos coming when i return to Spain in May.

zenmetsu

A lot of you seem to support the Tarot 450 as the best clone. I am thinking of picking one up myself. Any reputable dealer to order from? Most of the sites on which I have seen them for sale are located in China. :/

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Well it's gonna ship from honk kong...

But ac-Rc, hobbywing, and oomodel are reputed sellers. Their shipping is pretty fast..

I have seen lee tell about rc7-11 too..

Shipping is comparatively much faster ...
My favorite is ac-Rc... He might charge you 6-7 bucks for shipping, but If shipping cost less, he refunds any money that's left... Even cents.. I like that honesty.! Happened to me twice! :)

Top Bottom