Beachy & EyeStations Flight Video Depository

EyeStation

Well guess who's back into the rabbit hole again? Once I saw Tony's review and the other members that followed his lead, I bought an Eashine QX95. I have to add, that I realized the day after that I really intended on buying the QX80. Seeing this was available stateside, I grabbed it too, believing it would arrive first. I had a bit of a challenge with the DSM2 connections, until I watched Tony's Build video. I had to figure the UART2 settings by combining Tony's example and the silly manual procedure in the box.
20170108_094429.jpg

I posted in D.O.G.'s QX95 thread, saying I was having a blast flying in the close quarters of my couple of attached rooms here, using my Dell PC as my monitor.
Here is a Mobius view of my PC during a quick battle of the sticks.
[video=youtube_share;XTmmA2AFQ9g]https://youtu.be/XTmmA2AFQ9g[/video]

Yeah, I think I needed a setup like this a couple of years ago. It would have made the setup and flying of the 250 Class ones much easier. Right now the QX80 is flying very predictable. I am still working out the throttle curve/settings on the QX95.
Outdoors is going to be a blast with these.

7 hours later and I am getting 23 laps in with the QX80 before a crash, Only had 24 seconds left in the 5 minute timer too.
Also got the QX95 throttle to behave a bit better too. Not as high a lap count with that one yet, and I do notice the difference in the angle of view. I like the QX80 camera better. Even more so in lower light.

20170108_094429.jpg

Last edited:

EyeStation

Well the QX80 has had some issues, probably due to the antenna shorting to the FC board too many times. I can get about 3 minutes into a flight when motor #2 gets hot and draws the battery down fast. I purchased a second one to replace the FC and have a bunch of spare parts. The new board has issues with Motor 1 spinning once the battery is connected. It did not do it immediately, but once I was in Cleanflight and activated the Motors test all motors spun up in unison with the slider, but only 3 of them came back to zero after lowering the slider. Here is the video I uploaded for Banggood to witness.
[video=youtube_share;bogSrgqFLXs]https://youtu.be/bogSrgqFLXs[/video]

But the QX95 is doing well and keeping me from my chores. As you will see in this video, it is tough to spend time cleaning when you can have this much fun every 10 minutes or so.

(Shot w/Samsung phone pointed at 8" LCD Base Station)

[video=youtube_share;QSzxulT5zuM]https://youtu.be/QSzxulT5zuM[/video]

I am getting too much muscle memory in this direction. I proved this point by trying to reverse my direction of the circuit. The doorways seem much smaller the other way. I am also trying to find my sweetspot with the TX rates and Expo.
I seem to have difficulty maintaining a level path because I still associate speed with the throttle movement and not the pitch movement.
What a blast these guys are.

Tony

Staff member
Did you try calibrating the ESC's? I don't know if you can since I have never tried it. Basically, put the slider all the way up on all 4 motors, plug in the battery then lower the slider. It's worth a shot anyway. I have had no issues with my 80. I was going to fly it today but it decided to rain, go figure lmao.

And some great flying there! Man I need to get on the sticks more.

Are you flying in acro or angle?

EyeStation

Thanks Tony. I have the original board back in the 80 now, so it will be a bit of work to try that ESC calibration on the other board.

As for the 95, I am still flying it in Angle mode, but do have my aux1 switch set for the 3 different modes.

From what I saw there was angle, horizon, and acro. Not sure how much change there is between Angle and Horizon, but it got freaky real fast and I had to put it down. And that was on a LOS hover flight.

And I appreciate the flight comments too.

Tony

Staff member
Angle is a full on stabilization mode

Acro ONLY stops oscillations and you fly it like a helicopter.

Horizon is the best of both worlds. It will self level but you can still do flips and such. If you hold a stick forward like you do in angle, it will keep tilting until it crashes. But if you release the stick, it will slowly level itself.

And you can still calibrate the ESC's (I think you can lol) on the board not installed. But not much point since you are not flying it I guess.

Admiral

Hi Dave, love the indoor flying video, shows real control, you have really set the bar high. Thanks for the video.

EyeStation

Hi Dave, love the indoor flying video, shows real control, you have really set the bar high. Thanks for the video.

I can credit it all to the Bird and Board. I mentioned it before that I am sorry I did not have one that flew like this before I bought the BlueSky-RC 230 and 280 quads. I don't think I can get those CC3D boards to fly this predictable. It has set the bar higher for the performance I should be able to achieve on them.
Later I will upload the Nighttime circuit that shows where the procrastination of storing the Christmas lights has paid off.
I will consider myself good when I can fly through the long table and not the chute to the right of it. Right now the chute gives me the ability to bail at any time.

EyeStation

Well I am advancing nicely with the QX95, and getting absolutely nowhere with the repair/exchange/warranty of my two QX80's.
Spending quite a few batteries with the QX95 and bumping up the player level by adding a couple more challenges to the circuit. even with all this learning and pushing myself, the frame is still pristeen, only changed 1 motor, and getting really good at making one set of props last.
In the previous uploads I had to point my celly at the LCD screen to let you see what I did.
Well to let you appreciate what my night time circuit looks like, I shot this walk through with the celly directly.
The square holes are about 10.75 Inches in a 16 in x 4 inch polyfoam shipping support for an encoder at work. I also set up two speaker stands with LED lights wrapped around them, then wrapped in a sheer fabric for better crash outcomes. Since last you saw, I also covered the cocktail table with a white cloth and under lit the tunnel for fly throughs. Happy to say, I can make each obstacle. Some take more attempts than others.
[video=youtube_share;MuwCMUGK8kI]https://youtu.be/MuwCMUGK8kI[/video]

Stambo

Now that is way freakin cool.

I had my play with the little Eachine E010 but decided to give up because of the short flight times.
I have been thinking about upgrading to better FC, motors and battery but cannot afford it for now.
Maybe one day, sooner rather than later, this just looks like too much fun.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That is diffidently too cool Eyestation. I'm new to the FPV micro quad and I'm having a blast. My QX90c is a trip to fly. I have a tbs Xracer that I just got but doesn't work. Til I get the TBS looked at or replaced my QX90c is works just fine for me. I would fly in the house but I have too many curious animals to worry about. I do have a small track outside around the house and garage.

Tony

Staff member
Stambo, if you do the battery mod and the motors, it will be a whole new beast with longer flight times. Do the FC if you really want to use your regular controller though!

Eye, that is awesome! If I tried something like that in my house my wife would kill me lmao. And love the RCH decal! Now we just need flight video!

EyeStation

A DVR is what Eye need. I am still using Teleporters mounted into modified ski goggles. I can use the video out from the FatSharks or one of my VRX outputs to record, if i can find a good one.
I am at odds with ordering from Bang-me-Good as an ongoing dispute leaves me quite sour.
Thanks all for the positive comments on the selfish upload.

Tony

Staff member
I'm starting to hear more and more negative about banggood and if it keeps up, I will have to drop them as a vendor. Hope they get you sorted out soon.

EyeStation

Not every battery is a gem.
Having a blast.
[video=youtube_share;eesXL2gQr78]https://youtu.be/eesXL2gQr78[/video]

EyeStation

Had the chance to fly outside with the QX95 the past two days. Today I finally switched out of Angle to Horizon mode. WTH happened when I did that and what can I expect when I switch it to acro mode?
I do notice that Horizon only takes bumps of the stick to fly your course.
I am still looking for suggestions to record my FatShark AV out or the output of a VRX, (Both are Composite 3 RCA plug terminations, or can buy 3.5 mm 4 conductor).

EyeStation

Stepped up the game by building a pair of Space 1 FPV Formula 220 quads. One for me and the other not yet set up for FPV for my flying buddy Mike, (Beachy). The frames were set up with Flycolor BLHeli Raptor 30 amp ESC's powering iFly IF2205- 2300kV motors spinning 5x4.5 HQ props. The Flight controller is an Arris F3 EVO with the additional PDB with 12 and 5 volts out for LED's and camera. The receiver is Spektrum SPM4648 DSMX FPV Racing Serial Receiver. The FPV side has a Rotor Riot SWIFT-RR RunCam going into FatShark 600 mV VTX and now the Spironet FatShark Circular antenna.
storageemulated0Androiddatacom.android.mmsfiless-l400_1486048772197.jpg

storageemulated0Androiddatacom.android.mmsfiless-l500_1486053101140.jpg

storageemulated0Androiddatacom.android.mmsfiless-l1600_1486048764924.jpg

Mikes has the same, minus the FPV system, spinning 4x3.5x3 Gemfan props.

The LED system is from Matek systems. The rear strip is WS2812B w/MCU. They also made the front strip, but I don't have that package any longer to get the pn.
The thing flys like a dream. But eats up my 3 yr old 3S 1300 mAh batteries within 3.5 minutes. I get video drops when pushing the speed and hard cornering.
Mike is enjoying learning to fly a decent sized quad that responds correctly and does not have a mind of its own. He has only flown the Estes micro with that cool adapter to control using his DX6i.
Here is a brief introduction of the quad to Mike.
I have to buy a VRX with a DVR or consider upgrading my FatShark Teleporter V3's. I did get them the faceplate w/fan upgrade for another FS model. With a bit of strategically placed bits of Gorilla tape, I have a comfortable set of goggles that I can wear for hours.
storageemulated0Androiddatacom.android.mmsfiles20170312_164532_1489355133961.jpg

EyeStation

Well, Eye finally got a DVR to record my FPV flights. Through Banggood I picked up a Blue Sky 5.8G Explorer diversity receiver-DVR. I have learned this is an open source device and No documentation. It has a micro SD slot for the avi files to be written to, but there is no Record controls to start and stop the recordings. Yesterday during a long awaited flight test I saw that it started a recording just after it completes it's start up routine, and not waiting for a video signal to be present. I was happy to see that it was recording all of our flights that day, but there is no way to play back the files through the DVR. Once we returned home to cool off with some cold barley sodas, I inserted the card into my PC and found only 5 recorded files, and 3 of these were less than 5 seconds in length. 2 videos were at least 4 minutes in length, but proved to be mostly "Ant Races" on the screen.
One of the longer files did contain a partial flight of my Space 1 FPV 220x Racer in which I have finally flicked the flight controller over to Acro mode. Now this is fun flying.
I can say that I do love feeding my FatShark the signal from the Diversity receiver. It has given me a truly uninterrupted video feed allowing me to focus on flying rather than just seeing.
I had really hoped to upload the video of me chasing around a dirt bike and quad ATV that were ripping up the rain soaked soccer fields. Beachy told me that the ATV operator did notice me tracking him with my quad, and it appeared it freaked them out enough to terrorize another patch of earth, and not the soccer fields.
Here is the only flight I was able to retrieve off the DVR. This is only my second flight in Acro mode.

Tony

Staff member
I now have a weird urge for some chimichangas... lol. Great flying! Nice to see you back in the air!

EyeStation

Thanks Tony. I stuck with Tacos.
Yesterdays lunch allowed me to burn 3 more batteries in acro. I combined the flight times of each into one video. At about the 40 second mark I flip the switch to acro. Near 8:40 I got my first Double back flip, and then around 10:00 I tried successfully, a front flip. Just learning what I can do with this thing, and the FPV perspective watching that Horizon twirl is too much fun.

Tony

Staff member
Actually it was 8:13 for the double flip. Great flying bro! Very smooth! Really making me want to get my 210 back out lmao.

Top Bottom