600 ALIGN TREX 550E 3GX Build

heli-maniac

thats what i had in mind
now you got to remember that the 450 has the 3g gyro and the 550 is the 3gx all the set up is the same on both as in setting up the gyro
so im going to put it on one switch start with no DR/EXPo in normal then add some on position 1 and see what it dose . i was just trying it is why i added the DR/Expo to them i had been flying the 450 with out any

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I hope you get it figured out soon. The only other thing that I can think it could be to affect both birds on different settings in the Tx is the pot that controls the ailerons. But you purchased yours after mine and I have not heard of any recalls on them.

heli-maniac

ya i dont know why the the radio would just wig out like that i take great care of it put it back in its venom case every time im done with it unless im charging it
im still stuck on thinking adding the DR/expo to just the one servo is jacking with the gyros we will find out here in a little bit thats for sure
and if that is it im so going to need some blades for the 550 i want to fly this thing

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
So when you are lifting up Jesse do you do anything with your cyclic at all... Or just throttle up.. I have seen this happen to my birds... I am thinking one your thumbs just being nervous over corrected .. And fbl systems don't like too much input while getting of ground. They like to get off straight and almost no cyclic input as compared to flybarred heli where you would hold some left cyclic.

Or... The worst... Your compensation direction was messed up. And that happens to 3gx sometimes... Just initializing wrong. Wierd that both birds did that. But if they did. Initialize them with almost no movement on the bench. And then check the compensation and your swash tilit directions from your radio again. My 130 did that when my left servo was swapped with right on the board

My 450 did it when my compensation directions were reversed. Check it all bro.

Sorry about the maiden now going so well. But it will the next time!! ;)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

stokke

I always watch my swash when connecting the battery. I always plug the battery in where I'm supposed to take off from, and do not move the bird after connecting the batteries.

Sometimes the system initializes after connecting (swash jumps up and down), and the bird can sit there perfectly still - but still the swash can start out un-level. This happens at least once every day (flight day). If it happens, I just unplug and plug back in to see the swash sits level after initialization.

heli-maniac

well both birds are now grounded got the 450 up and it was so unstable i had to fight it all the way back down blew both tail blades off it stripped the servo bent the tail shaft bent the slider
got most everything to fix it except the servo parts time to start over and reset up every thing

stokke

well both birds are now grounded got the 450 up and it was so unstable i had to fight it all the way back down blew both tail blades off it stripped the servo bent the tail shaft bent the slider
got most everything to fix it except the servo parts time to start over and reset up every thing

Sorry to hear it, Jesse :(
Take a breath and get back out there again!

Tony

Staff member
That really sucks bro. But you have the idea. Sometimes it's best to just start over from scratch and find out where the issue was so you know the next time. Hope you get back up soon.

heli-maniac

been a wile since i put any thing in here
the 450 is back together and ready to go was going to try today but the 20 +mph winds said no your not
any way back to the poor old 550E
i think im going to pull the 3GX off of it and put it on the 450
then im thinking of getting a Micro Beast to put on the 550 or a Ar7200bx if i get the cash for it
may have a real good deal on the mico beast and go that way and use my ar8000 thats just sitting in the box

Tony

Staff member
I guess that's understandable lol. I'm siming like crazy trying to get my fingers back to where they were if not better trying to get ready for the 600.

Graham Lawrie

well it got here today im so happy
i will start on it but have to wait on a few upgrades that are on the way but not need till most of it is done
this thing is a monster here is a picture of it taking it out of the box . Now this is laid out on a 7ft by 3.5 ft pool table
Very nice Jesse:) trex canopy middle pocket, screw back for the main gear into the corner pocket:) This was the first Heli i fell in love with, now i am unfaithful and have several Helis:)

Top Bottom