600 ALIGN TREX 550E 3GX Build

heli-maniac

thanks gaba and lee just waiting on a few more things i want to do before the maiden
got the DFC rotor head in rout and a few miner things i wanted should have it all this week

heli-maniac

got some more upgrade parts today
insaled the dfc swash and extreme bottom plate to move the 3gx in the frame to protect it better then hang out the back

Adam

very nice now get that thing setup and lets see an maiden jk take your time. looks great though

Adam

Hey if your mcpx was still stock tony you could fly when you get home like i do i just got done with a 14 hour day so it was dark when i left and dark when i got home lol

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what stock has to do with anything. The main motor is the only thing that still works on this thing. It's all of the other parts that are not working keeping me from flying. Well that and money...

heli-maniac

well took it for the maiden today did not go so well should have guess some thing wrong when my 450 would not get off the ground . the 450 wanted to tilt hard left like the side was glued to the ground . so i put it up and got the 550 ready to go start the spool up it sounds awesome get it up to mid stick ready for left off and it tilts over to the left just the same as the 450. so im now like what the heck is going on i just flew the 450 2 weeks ago for the first time with no training gear and all was well . come back home and look it all over and just dont see anything so i set up the 550 and took it out to the road to do some checks and it tilted hard left again and i could not catch it ended up smacking the blades on the ground and trashing them so thats 60 bucks down the drain . now i think i know what i did to make both helis do this and that is in the dx8 i went in and did some expo/dr in it. i set the ail but did not do the elv. thats all i had changed from the last time the 450 was in the air . well im hopping thats it will get the 450 out tomorrow and see so a very bad day for me

Tony

Staff member
Dr/Expo won't do this. When you plugged in the battery, did you let the gyro initialize before moving the helicopter?

heli-maniac

yes i plugged them in and let it sit till all the beeps stop before moving them and i even thought that on the first time on the 450 so i did it again and both of them are doing it and that is the only thing i had done was set the DR/Expo on the ail. and not the elv. the only other thing i did to the 450 was put the RC Help decals on it but i dont think thats it

Tony

Staff member
Those must be some heavy decals if they did it lmao. Okay, since your 450 is doing it and it's cheaper, try setting you Dr/Expo back to stock and see if that changes anything. Maybe it's messing with something inside the gyro making it correct when there is no movement.

Top Bottom