600 ALIGN TREX 550E 3GX Build

heli-maniac

ok guys got a few thing sold to fund the parts need for it to get in the air
ordered the esc castle creations talon 90 and the FBL unit the MSH IKON
so now the wait is on got to get the esc here so i can send in for the castle link so i can program it wasnt paying 25 bucks when i get it free
just dont see why they dont put them in with the esc instead of having to send off after you get it thats just stupid

heli-maniac

well that wasnt going to happen
i have been waiting this long whats a few more days weather is going to be crap next week anyway

heli-maniac

Well got the Ikon in and started to do the set up and programing
all is looking good
till i get to the tail set up
and ill guess im not going to ever fly this heli looks like the ikon fried the tail servo a brand new ds655
it worked fine when i set it up with the ar7200bx but now it dose not do anything i even hooked it to a rx buy it self and it dose not do a thing
im so pisssssed
someone might want to come check my trash can there might be a new 550 e in there
and buy the way the ikon is a pain in the butt to set up I should have just got ar7200bx and been done buy now

Karubah

Man your having a rotten run of luck. You must have run over a black cat...:hopelessness:...I hope things improve soon and you can get that bird up in the air. Im having a few issues setting up my 550E DFC. It has a bit of a tail shake (vertical) that I have to deal with somehow. All the best with this drama. Cheers Andy

stokke

That sucks Jesse... Sorry to hear it :(

Are you sure you set the correct bandwidth and frequency for the tail servo?

heli-maniac

i set it at 1520us 333hz the same as i had it on the ar7200bx
and for set up i was using a 35amp esc with just a 3 amp bec with a 3 cel lipo
any way thats my luck with it another 60.00 buck down the drain

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
i set it at 1520us 333hz the same as i had it on the ar7200bx
and for set up i was using a 35amp esc with just a 3 amp bec with a 3 cel lipo
any way thats my luck with it another 60.00 buck down the drain

Was it plugged in all the time till you got to the servo menu where you select the servo center frequency and refresh rate ?

It's not good to hook up any servos to any gyro usually until you select the servo type and frequency. But ikon manual also says that ..

Sure it's burnt? Have you tried to connect it to something else ?

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Lee

That sucks. But as Gaba said was it plugged in before setting up the Ikon? I found the set up menu very easy to follow. Just click click click and you're done??? The AR7200 is easier in the respect of not needing a PC for sure. Sorry dude. :(

heli-maniac

it is what it is cant fix it now with out a new one but its on the way
and yes it was plugged in before i got to the tail part

Lee

Bummer. Well lets hope this stops others from doing the same thing. You should never plug your servos in until the frequency has been set in any FBL unit or gyro that i know of.
Keep smiling and move on, thats all you can do. :D
All the best.

heli-maniac

ya i was thinking buy the steps and it shows were to plug in the servos and was thinking it was saying plug them in then
anyway new one is on the way might have it buy sat.
good news is i did get the cc talon 90 today

Top Bottom