General Align 3GX Setup Series

ssrdr72

Yes I got the program to work... I'm new so its going to take a serious amount of time to get it up and running. Its amazing how many options there are and how many settings need to be Perfect!! Also the settings for my transmitter are not as easy as I thought. All in all lots more difficult than I thought when I got started.

Tony

Staff member
Have you watched all of my videos on setting this gyro up? If not, watch them all a few times, then watch them again while you are setting it up, pausing where you need to. And as always, if you have any questions, all you have to do is ask.

ssrdr72

I did watch them all several times. And they were very helpful!! I ended up going to the LHS because there are HUGE differences between a DX8 and DX9. The first step in setting up the transmitter on the swash type wasn't even the same.

Having said that its all set up and I've flown 9 batteries without a crash so all in all very pleased. I am having a bit of tail wag though....should I turn the gain down or up?

Lillyryan

hi could you tell me if I can upgrade from v2.1 t v5 straight away or do I have to upgrade earlier versions first?

Thanks

Lillyryan

I have just updated the 3gx from version 2.1 to version 5. Now when it is on the bench it keeps twitching. Is this normal for version 5?

Tony

Staff member
That is one of the issues with 5. Every now and then, the servo just seems to twitch quickly. I have not seen any adverse affects in the air from this, but you never know. IMO, 2.1 is probably the best version out there. It's a little dated, but I have found nothing wrong with it.

Robair

Hi Tony,
This reply might be a bit out of date, but the original posting on this thread as to setting up the 3GX is absolutely the business.
I followed the easy to understand videos to the letter and my Chopper has never performed so well.
The tail rotor/3gx instructions where a little bit un-intuitive but I kind of figured that out for myself - I think.
Along with the Pitch and Throttle curves from another one of your posts, my machine is very happy.
Thanks.
Rob

Tony

Staff member
I'm glad that I could help out. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to post up.

sqh1988

Tony, I heard that we have to register our RC helicopter according to the FAA rules and regulations. Is that true? I understand that it only cost $5 which is good for three years. I tried registering my trex helicopters, but it only applies to quadcopters. I would think that we don't have to on helis. Please let me know as I am hesitant to fly my model. Can you also send me a link on where to register my helicopters? Thanks.

Smoggie

The US rules dont apply here in the UK thankfully, but I've read enough to know that they do apply to all RC planes, not just multirotors. The language used may be confusing but it does apply to helis (and fixed wing planes come to that).

trainrider06

Tony, I heard that we have to register our RC helicopter according to the FAA rules and regulations. Is that true? I understand that it only cost $5 which is good for three years. I tried registering my trex helicopters, but it only applies to quadcopters. I would think that we don't have to on helis. Please let me know as I am hesitant to fly my model. Can you also send me a link on where to register my helicopters? Thanks.

What you are doing is getting a registration number. This number is to be used for all your aircraft. It will say (which I hate) register your "drone" That is the correct area.....unless you got into the commercial part of registration thats a different area and process.
Here is the link.....
https://registermyuas.faa.gov/

trainrider06

What you are doing is getting a registration number. This number is to be used for all your aircraft. It will say (which I hate) register your "drone" That is the correct area.....unless you got into the commercial part of registration thats a different area and process.
Here is the link.....
sUAS Registration - Home

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you have to register anything over .55 lbs. Including but not limited to planes, helicopters and quads.

Top Bottom