General Align 3GX Setup Series

danny

no tony thats not the one i have a 6ch 3d450 dynam helicopter and i watched your video and it still did'nt work .but that can be my fault because everytime i wanted to stop the video it would just chash. i have the really cheap helicopters like the ones you buy for XHELI.COM i know i know i should of never bought anything from them but i did'nt know any better .i junped into this hobby blind ...lol but am not a quiter i eally want to fly like you guys do .and about the hsli all the gyros where working but 1 and i dont know why.i followed your insturtions and it still would'nt go on thats why am asking about that video again maybe i did something wrong .....well ofcoures i did something wrong or it would be working .lol i hope to here from you soon . p.s this typing really bites much better taker than typer

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone, I have just added Part 4 to the first post. This covers setting up the Flight Mode Settings ON THE GYRO ITS SELF! No computer is needed. Have a watch and let me know what you think. If you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them. Part 5 is coming soon, and it's an over view on the flight mode settings on the computer.

Tony

Staff member
Part 5 has just been added. Adjusting the flight mode settings on the computer will allow you to fine tune your settings that you had put into the gyro out at the field without a computer handy. If 30% was too much, but 40% is too little, you can go into the program on your computer and set it to 35%, or 37%, whatever you want to get your helicopter flying EXACTLY like you want it to fly.

Hey Tony , just when I think I've got things down I see something that confuses me , I've just watched your 3gx set up , no 1 and I was ready to ordering my radio and reciever ? However I weas thinking I would get a futaba 6 channel tx and futaba 6 channel reciever as I'm trying to get this bad boy flying on a budget , but when I whatched your video u palso had a satalite reciever hooked up aswell , can I not use a futaba 6 channel tx and a futaba 6 channel reciever , or do I have to add a satalite reciever also ? Sorry if I sound like a dip-:):):):) but I am trying to come to grips , thanks dude

Tony

Staff member
Hey Andy. I'm not that familiar with Futaba, but IF the Tx/Rx combo you are getting has an S-Bus on it, then you can use the S-Bus wire that Futaba "should" send with the system to connect to the 3GX. The spectrum setup is MUCH more simple IMO since I can just use satellites, no Rx needed. But if you really want a futaba, no matter if you use S-Bus or set it up like I showed for a DX6i, we can get you going with it.

Yeeh Tony thanks , the reason I'm going the futaba route is because I'm going to purchase an Align t-Rex 450 RTF combo which comes with the Align T6 transmitter which is futaba so I'm told! Which is S-FHSS , which makes it comparable with the futaba R2106GF reciever which is S-FHSS which is s-bus , I can certainly upgrade at a later date but am hoping this will get the dominator off the ground , thanks

Tony

Staff member
Oh yeah, we will get you off the ground, no problem, with that setup. However, I do highly suggest you do NOT get the RTF helicopter. YOu can get a much better kit at a much cheaper price by building the kit yourself. And we are here to help with that. All you have to do is ask. Of course this is my opinion and what I would do. Feel free to get it if that is what you are set on. No matter what, we are here to help.

Yeeh tony I have absolutely no problem with building a kit but this to me seems the best option , cost wise! If I was to buy the transmitter it in itself is over $200 and then the battery , that's without the Heli , if I'm wrong here please let me no as I've wasted enough money on the walkera which I'm going to replace with the entry level Align! It jus seemed like a good deal ?

- - - Updated - - -

And I can't find that Heli in kit form , again if it's available please let me no where and how much , thanks

Tony

Staff member
Most all of the Align kits now days are going to be super combo's. YOu can find some on ebay that they have stripped the electronics out of, but the SC kits are worth their weight. YOu are basically purchasing the electronics and getting the helicopter for free.

That's what I figured! Which is why I thought it was a good deal Tony! I need the electronics and a free Heli ..... wow! I will take that lol

Hey guys I'm awaiting the Align super combo to arrive today and am ver excited :cheerful: , no I have will the t6 radio and have also ordered the 6s battery for the dominator , all I need now is the s-bus rx and I will be ready to set up the 3gx , I think I'm gonna need some help from Tony there lol , in the mean time I'm looking forward to getting the new t-Rex off the ground , it's my 1st Aligh Heli and am looking forward to comparing it to the Walkera 450

Sparse

Just take your time with the build, and setup. Get help if you need it. take your time do not rush just to fly, that will lead to a crash ask me how I know.:bellyroll:

Tony

Staff member
Watch teh videos in this series over and over again to understand what is going on with teh gyro. Even though this states 3.0 or 3.1, it will work for 4.0 as well, which I'm sure is what your heli is going ot come with. Once you watch the videos, if you have ANY questions, don't be afraid to post up and ask them. That is what we are here for. We will help you every step of the way.

Hey guys look what the stork just dropped lol, .....I'm curious? And this would by no means be a long term solution but just for now , if I put the 3gx FBI gyro/reciever from the trex sport into the dominator woul that work for now ? And if it does what are the pros/cons to using the 3gx gyro/reciever as aposed to using the 3gx gyro that came with the Dominator and a separate reciever ? Thanks guysimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what you are asking. The 3GX is the same no matter what one you get. There are 3GXmr and 3GXmrs though. If you want to use a separate Rx with the 3GX, it's just a matter of plugging the wires into the correct spots on the gyro. If you only want to run satellites, which you can only do on JR and Spektrum, then you just plug in teh satellites and bind it up to your 7+ch Spektrum or JR Tx.

Yeeh I get that Tony but I think we are on cross wires , the trex sport comes with a 3gx gyro/receiver in 1 , the Dominator comes with the 3gx and yeeh it requires a reciever , what I'm asking is will the 3gx gyro/ reciever in 1 work in the Dominator for now , just my brain working overtime and it only small lol , starting to smoke out my ears lol :dread:

Tony

Staff member
Eh, it's better than being called "Sir Tony" hahaha. Yeah, the Mr is for futaba and Align Tx's, that makes sense now that I"m actually thinking about it lmao.

YEs, it will work, but you don't have the options to fine tune it like you do with the standard 3GX. But, it should work.

Top Bottom