General Align 3GX Setup Series

orton21

Yeah i noticed that today when i did my test flight today. At first i thought it was something i did wrong but once i got it in the air it was fine so now i just pop the heli right up and not let it sit on the ground.

Tony

Staff member
That is the perfect cure to the 3.1 issue. It's perfect in the air, if you can get it there lol.

Mmmmmm! I haven't yet set up my 3gx but I'm already looking at the beastx or possibly the ikon? I'm a little concerned with all the issues peeps are having with the 3gx

Tony

Staff member
As stated, with 3.1, as long as you can get it off the ground quickly, you will be fine. 3.1 is perfect in teh air. It just sucks on the ground.

Slobberdog

As Tony said above V3.1 is great in the air, I personally don't have an issue with it on 3.1, Align have their team pilots testing v4.x as we speak so there could be a new version out imminently,

Personally I believe the 3Gx is a great gyro if its given a chance.

Ok guys , I will set it up and put on the training wheels before I test fly the Dom! I'm for sure gonna need some help with the set up so I will speak to u guys when I'm ready thanks:applause:

Tony

Staff member
Make sure to watch teh videos in the first post of this thread. They will help you out a lot in setting this thing up. If you do have questions, you know where to find us and we are here to help :biggrin1:

Slobberdog

Just make sure your blades are balanced, the least possibility of vibes the better, and make sure your wires that go into the gyro are not tight.

BAdair

Anyone used 3.0, were there any known issues with it?
It's the only version I have used and so far nor issues on the ground or in flight on my 450, and 500, I'm going to run the same version on my 550 when I get it built.
It's the 550v2 super combo kit I picked up CHEAP and the 3gx is 2.1 on it but I will update to the 3.0 like my other two.

Tony

Staff member
Do NOT use 3.0, it's pure crap. There is a reason it was only released for about 2 weeks. It's worse than 4.0. Leave the plane on 2.1, it's better than 3.0 indefinitely.

BAdair

Do NOT use 3.0, it's pure crap. There is a reason it was only released for about 2 weeks. It's worse than 4.0. Leave the plane on 2.1, it's better than 3.0 indefinitely.

Now your worrying me...:disturbed: That's what is on my 450 and 500 and I have been flying them with 3.0... no issues as of yet, anything to look out for? or just change to 3.1 before something happens..? lol

Tony

Staff member
If you are flying them and having success, then you can stick with it. 2.1 is a great firmware, better than the other two I think. What matters is that you are successful in flying them.

BAdair

If you are flying them and having success, then you can stick with it. 2.1 is a great firmware, better than the other two I think. What matters is that you are successful in flying them.

I hear ya.
I'm not a hard 3D pilot tho, I'm learning and the 3gx fbl is new to me pretty much mostly fly-bared helis until about 2 months ago. The first 3gx i bought was the 3.0 so I just left it at that, now you have me thinking of just using the disk with the 550 kit and rolling the other two back to 2.1 just to be safe. I don't want it to go crazy on me when I start pushing it harder...
If 2.1 is good I see no need in ever trying their new firmware they put out, if I find something that works i stick with it instead of updating.
Heck I've had the same cell phone for 3-4 years cause it works just fine for me and still going...haha

Tony

Staff member
lol @ cell phone. I have to have the latest and greatest.

As for the firmware, as stated, if it's working, not tipping over on the ground, stable in the air, then you are good.

hersch710

i have a Align 450 pro v2 i am upgrading to DFC with the 3gx i have a Spectrum dx6i and 1 satellite with this setup do i have to use my spectrum receiver or can i plug the satellite into 3gx and then bind the 3gx to my dx6i thank you for your vids and time

ssrdr72

I am getting an error that says I'm trying to load a file with the wrong extension after I start the 3Gx program......any suggestions other than deleting and reloading which I've done twice?

Tony

Staff member
Did you download the file from here?

Can you try another computer? There may be an issue with the drivers.

ssrdr72

I've tried the files from here, I tried from the disk provided with my heli, I tried another computer.....all the same. I just called the Assurance USA people...the phone support guy downloaded the program and installed it on his computer and got the same incorrect format error. He took my number and said he woud call back if he could find a fix....

Top Bottom