General Align 3GX Setup Series

Tony

Staff member
Eh, it's better than being called "Sir Tony" hahaha. Yeah, the Mr is for futaba and Align Tx's, that makes sense now that I"m actually thinking about it lmao.

YEs, it will work, but you don't have the options to fine tune it like you do with the standard 3GX. But, it should work.

enerko

Hi Tony,

When powering up the 3gx to do set-up can I just plug the receiver battery into the 3gx battery port instead of connecting the main battery to the esc?
I can't unplug the motor cables from the esc for safety without dismounting the battery tray of the heli.

Tony

Staff member
I would remove the blades from the helicopter. I'm not sure if it's needed, but I would want everything connected to the 3GX when you are setting it up.

orton21

Hey Tony, was doing the rudder set up, I went on my computer to do the rudder delay and the lowest that it will go is 10 and when I push the set button on the 3gx it jumps to 30. I have no idea how to get this to be at 0 delay. and I don't know way it is jumping to 30 when I push the set button. any ideas way this is happening.

Tony

Staff member
I had this same thing happen to me. I ended up holding the stick where it was showing about 3 on teh delay, then hit the set button. Make sure to NOT let go of the stick when you hit that button though. I had to constantly hold the stick in order to get it.

Slobberdog

When you set the delay try to get the value where you want it then don't press set let it come out itself then go back in to the next point and start from there, with V4 if you press set you will always revert to default.

orton21

hey you guys have a problem down loading the 3.1 update to my computer. I keep getting this message. Presentation1.jpg what can I do to fix this. any suggestions.

Presentation1.jpg

Tony

Staff member
When you go to install the program, right click the icon and select "Run As Administrator". What version of windows are you running?

Tony

Staff member
One thing I noticed is that this is still a .rar file. You must use something like WinZip to unzip the package, and then you can install it.

Tony

Staff member
I know you are running windows 7, you posted that above my last reply. As stated, you must unzip this package before you install it.

Here, do this. Click the link below and download the file from Rc-Help. This is a .zip file. Once downloaded, right click and select "Extract All". From there, you can just double click the windows install file and go from there. Should install just fine from there.

http://rc-help.com/3GX/3GX_V3.1.zip

I also downloaded from this link Tony thanks as my 3gx came with version 4.0 and from what I understand there are problems with 4.0 so again thanks dude!

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, the issue is with the 4.0 firmware is the tail will bounce back after you give it an input. 3.1 doesn't like to be on the ground for very long otherwise it will tip over.

Top Bottom